Addict

My Photos: (0)

Looks like a fun project.
Are you keeping the pos ground?
Old 05-25-2012, 03:06 PM
United States | Addict

My Photos: (2)

this will be my 5th British car project

heres my last MGA (finished) that red head sticking out is my older son standing next to the trailer in the new photos

and this is little Joe my youngest son the moose

what most of my projects look like to start this is a big healey

finished... the two boys on the pass side are my two sons standing next to the trailer.

the door handles are the small vertical fingers right next to the window trim almost invisible to see

as for what we are going to do with it i am not sure....still evaluating the situation. maybe a modified racer....maybe stock just not sure yet, we got the engine to rotate yesterday. still just cleaning up all the good parts and repacking them and letting the carpeting and interior kits air out....i havent decided on positive or negative grnd or 1-12v or 2-6v batteries

those pictures of the restored cars are always fun....we looked at the VHS tape i made of the first MGA project the other night and it was pretty fun seeing the little kids running around it.

I love metal work and welding so this was my chance to buy a shrinker and stretcher and use all that metal working and welding equipment i have....unfortunately creating metal art is just not my strength but fabricating a piece of metal to replace an existing piece i do great at.

and the life blood of the car:

Last edited by bobs77vet; 05-25-2012 at 05:09 PM..
Old 05-26-2012, 03:45 AM
United States | Charter Member
Founder Bird-Run
Cruise-In Bird-Run 1 Veteran
Cruise-In Bird-Run 2 Veteran

My Photos: (342)

Bob, if you just lived here. I'd do the mechanics, and you could do the sheetmetal/paint/interiors. We could knock em out.
Old 05-26-2012, 04:06 AM
United States | Fast Pedalphile

My Photos: (1)

Nice project!

Resident Deviate
Old 05-26-2012, 06:32 AM
United States | Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobs77vet View Post
I love metal work and welding so this was my chance to buy a shrinker and stretcher and use all that metal working and welding equipment i have....unfortunately creating metal art is just not my strength but fabricating a piece of metal to replace an existing piece i do great at.
Want to make a new rear body corner for my 54 GMC 1-ton panel truck?
Old 05-26-2012, 09:12 PM
United States | Addict

Almost bought a twin cam "A" coupe - but my mother would not co-sign the loan. She figured that meant it was too fast.

She also would not co-sign for an old race car called the Mongoose. It was a wrecked AC Cobra 289 rebuilt with a 327 Corvette motor. She knew something was up there also. I guess Mothers have that second sense.

In college I had a "B" model & I blew the trans. Got it fixed at the dealer, and not more than 3 red light away from the dealer, promptly blew it again with a hole shot. My cousin was always pulling hole shots with the Split window that I own today and I figured my 4 cylinder bucket was also capable. Not.

Later I had 3 "B" models at the same time - always needed spares.

Old joke: You know why the British like warm beer? They have Lucas refrigerators.
Old 05-27-2012, 12:32 AM
United States | Charter Member
Founder Bird-Run
Cruise-In Bird-Run 1 Veteran
Cruise-In Bird-Run 2 Veteran

My Photos: (342)

Lucas invented the short circuit.
Old 05-27-2012, 01:18 AM
Canada | Addict

My Photos: (494)

Quote:
Originally Posted by big2bird View Post
Bob, if you just lived here. I'd do the mechanics, and you could do the sheetmetal/paint/interiors. We could knock em out.
Damn, in SoCal??? if I wasnt that far I'd help, got nuthing to do for the next couples of months

Of course got only one hand that works but I'll bet I could manage the beer fridge take the pics for the build thread!
Old 05-27-2012, 10:41 PM
United States | Phantom of the Opera

My Photos: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Michel View Post
Quote:
Damn, in SoCal??? if I wasnt that far I'd help, got nuthing to do for the next couples of months

Of course got only one hand that works but I'll bet I could manage the beer fridge take the pics for the build thread!
My left knee got shot out again, doing some simple yard work, then lifting HUGE OAK tree sections on to a pickup for hauling, the ~100' tree in my front had to come down, all the guys said it was dieing due to very substantial dead branches up top....WAY up top, no growth this season....

so they cut off, and so the rest of the tree is full of decay and rot....lovely...

so to make a bench outta the stump....

did open up the yard a bit, and messed up my left knee too, damn skeleton, cheep import damn rusty junk....
Old 05-27-2012, 11:00 PM
United States | Addict

My Photos: (2)

Quote:

yeah i think that would be a bang up idea....we kicked ass today on it. the boys and i put in 2-3 hours and pulled all the wings (fenders) off. its amazing what young agile, strong and flexible kids can do with some adult supervision....all in all its in better shape than i what thought and in better shape then my last one. i will take and post some pictures after dinner
when things quiet down here... the two front fenders only need spot repairing i dont need to repalce the entire lower bottom of them . not sure on the rear fenders dog leg i will look at that later....you should have seen the size of the spiders that came out of this thing....one had a leg span bigger that a silver dollar and it spooked me miserably.....it was like tracking the Bismarck through the north sea as it scurried about....but about 1/4 can of wasp killer made it slow enought that my 200lb size 9s took care of the rest....if the kids saw that one they would never have been helping me. it still gives me the willies

Last edited by bobs77vet; 05-28-2012 at 12:41 AM..