97 camaro horrible vibration and howling noise

go on the bay an buy a ls aluminum shaft, I have one too. Much smoother than the steel one, swaps right in. Should fit yours too. They go for 100$ all day any day just make sure you get one without scratches or dents

go on the bay an buy a ls aluminum shaft, I have one too. Much smoother than the steel one, swaps right in. Should fit yours too. They go for 100$ all day any day just make sure you get one without scratches or dents

I'm just going to order a new one. Still under half of what I would have had to pay for the factory type one.

The alu shaft will run a lot smoother because of weight, I had a couple of steel ones to try (they were in all the camaros) and they all vibrate @ 160 to some extent. The alu on is smooth as silk.

4L60 is same slip yoke size as TH350, should be 1310 or 1330 joints, most likely 1310s. They are available in 2 sizes, small and even smaller trunnions. The 1310 is a small body small trunnion, the 1330 is a large body (1350 size) small trunnion.

The alu shaft will run a lot smoother because of weight, I had a couple of steel ones to try (they were in all the camaros) and they all vibrate @ 160 to some extent. The alu on is smooth as silk.

4L60 is same slip yoke size as TH350, should be 1310 or 1330 joints, most likely 1310s. They are available in 2 sizes, small and even smaller trunnions. The 1310 is a small body small trunnion, the 1330 is a large body (1350 size) small trunnion.

A 160 LOL ..... dam !!!!!! Well my baby will never be able to see that, it is governed to 124 anyways. Generally it rarley ever see's anything more then 75mph.

I ordered the shaft yesterday so I should have the car back in probably 2-3 weeks depending how long the shaft takes to get here.

I found something in all my service records that this shaft had been replaced before at 26,xxx miles. I don't recall ever authorizing this work unless it was a recall job while the car was in for unrelated service. The repair order was for 1198.00.

I haven't heard anything on the new driveshaft as of yet.

I found something in all my service records that this shaft had been replaced before at 26,xxx miles. I don't recall ever authorizing this work unless it was a recall job while the car was in for unrelated service. The repair order was for 1198.00.

LOL... maybe they replaced the old one piece style driveshaft with the "new and improved" design at 26xxx miles....

LOL... maybe they replaced the old one piece style driveshaft with the "new and improved" design at 26xxx miles....

yeah the new and improved made it 100,000 more miles then the old hahahaha or they made the service oder on my car to fix someone elses. In all reality though it has been a very good car. And met all it's extended service intervals fine, Had it's first tuneup at 97xxx miles, as well as other mandatory scheduled services. You know it even has all original coolant hoses, shocks, for the most part nothing has been changed. The car runs absolutely perfect and aside from a few scratches and paint chips looks great inside and out. I will give chevy some credit the last era of 4th gens were quite a good car reliability wise.

U finally got my Camaro back two days ago. while the new drive shaft is ok the two piece is still much better. However the car is driveable so that is the best part so I can live with the one piece.