New to this Forum

Coe56

Howdy from Canada - I just came across this forum and thought I'd take a look. I love to modify my vehicles to improve performance, handling and looks, so this forum seems to be right up my alley. I just got my first Corvette. After lusting after a C2 forever I found a 1967 L-71 coupe in pretty much original condition that has sat for years, so am now working on sorting out the bugs and getting it back on the road. The tri-power carbs are proving to be a bit problematic, but I'm making progress there. The big problem is that a PO installed a cam that pulls very low vacuum and sounds like a top alcohol funny car at idle. I suspect big overlap, but have no specs. This will probably have to go to get the tri-power working right. Anyway, glad to be here and looking forward to exploring the forum!! Cheers. STEVE

welcome

If anything, the tri-power would make the cam liveable. The problem with a high-overlap cam is it doesn't draw much vacuum at idle, thus it doesn't create a great signal to draw fuel in - the larger the carb, the worse it gets. Tri-powered carbs are essentially 2 barrel carbs. With the progressive linkage, the engine, at idle, is only pulling off the middle carb. Because it's a small carb, it would actually be pretty good at dealing with the issues of a large cam.

Brakes would be an issue if they are vacuum driven. Find someone who knows how to tune tri-power setups in your area. That said, someone drove it that way before and is likely it drove fine. If it's not running right, more times then not it's a spark issue - especially in cars that have sat forever. Whatever you do, before you start messing with it - be sure you photograph, diagram, and measure the adjustments for the progressive linkage.

Welcome to the motley crew.....

My '72 is completely not stock, from wheels through roof....

see sites below for a hint or two....:crutches::D

I just did a 2x4 setup on a 270HP 283 w/3 speed in a C2, and last Saturday we did a rear main seal and a tune up on a64 GTO vert with a 389 tri power and a 4 speed... the factory 2x4 setup on that 283 was way better than the 389.. that said the tripower was easily set up...

Welcome... :mullet: