Rocker channel replacement

vette427sbc

I feel like I should be posting an introduction thread after such a long hiatus!
Anyway my project is moving again after way too long... Next up is to prepare the body to go back on the frame. The rocker panel at mounts #2 and #3 are shot (drivers and passenger side) What is the best course of action for replacing? the kick panel area at the bottom of the birdcage visually looks ok but Im not sure of the quality of metal for welding where a new rocker channel would attach to. I see overlays from zip corvette but I would rather replace the whole section for a cleaner repair if they are available? suggestions? This whole photobucket thing is a disaster trying to search old threads for topics...

Mount#3 usually rot from rear wheel projection, however mount#2 rot from water dripping from windshield frame/birdcage, so make sure the A pillar is in good shape.

I thinks Paragon has some repair panels. Are you going to remove the birdcage for the welded repairs?

The rest of the birdcage is actually in very nice condition... I dont plan on removing the birdcage completely but Ill be removing as much fiberglass as necessary to properly do this repair.
This is exactly what I need but I cant find it anywhere?
body12.jpg
I dont see anything rocker panel related from paragon, ecklers, or wilcox... Zip has patch panels but nothing like this (at least that I found?

Not sure if they are still around but Caledonia corvette made all the frame parts. They were at Carlisle for years.

Thanks guys... ordered up the parts from Paragon. I un-bonded the inspection cover behind #3 and it looks like there is some good metal to weld to... we will see how the #2 looks with everything removed. Progress again is exciting :3rd: