team g versus victor Jr

guru

Anybody have any kind of real data to compare the 2 intakes, that isnt tainted by edelbrock advertising money buying "tech" articles?

I have an old magazine from the early 90's that tested many of the top intakes at the time. The Team G produced lots of low end power for an open plenum (nearly the same #'s as a dual plane) with much more midrange and top end. You can't do much better than this intake if you have a powerful motor. The Victor JR. did not fare as well. On the other hand, the Edelbrock Air Gap is really good.

This goes back what?? 40+ years now....the general comments of the times.....being an old Pontiac fan/racer....the general tenant was to build all engines similar to a SBC/Ford....wind piss outta the thing....something a Pontiac never responded to very well.....UNLESS you happened to have cubic bux and had Bill Jones build your engine to then NASCAR specs.....can anyone spell, NOT HAPPENING for us guys...being mortal..not Ballas....

So with all that bitter/sweet experiences I feel it's harder and harder with all these passing decades to much better match up a total performance package than GM or whoever does straight outta the chute....

gotta have hours/years of dyno times/results....gotta know more than a engineering design team....see John Force, Kenny Bernstein, Don Prudhomme for that knowledge....or NOT....

Hell for that matter I give a nut to know what Garlitz knew....

:bounce::bounce:

so over the years I have found from friends and myself that just bolting on something that looks good on PAPER, ain't NO guarantee of it working well....

comes to mind the olde tyme comment.....got a car???

BringittotheLine.....

I enjoy messing around on MY level, and keep it cheeep....

I got more questions than answers....still today...nearly 50 years messing with engines....

This goes back what?? 40+ years now....the general comments of the times.....being an old Pontiac fan/racer....the general tenant was to build all engines similar to a SBC/Ford....wind piss outta the thing....something a Pontiac never responded to very well.....UNLESS you happened to have cubic bux and had Bill Jones build your engine to then NASCAR specs.....can anyone spell, NOT HAPPENING for us guys...being mortal..not Ballas....

So with all that bitter/sweet experiences I feel it's harder and harder with all these passing decades to much better match up a total performance package than GM or whoever does straight outta the chute....

gotta have hours/years of dyno times/results....gotta know more than a engineering design team....see John Force, Kenny Bernstein, Don Prudhomme for that knowledge....or NOT....

Hell for that matter I give a nut to know what Garlitz knew....

:bounce::bounce:

so over the years I have found from friends and myself that just bolting on something that looks good on PAPER, ain't NO guarantee of it working well....

comes to mind the olde tyme comment.....got a car???

BringittotheLine.....

I enjoy messing around on MY level, and keep it cheeep....

I got more questions than answers....still today...nearly 50 years messing with engines....

Hey, you used to do Pontiacs? I used to build them 25 years ago. It is so surprising to find someone else that knows Pontiacs. :friends:

People think you can build a Pontiac the same way as Chevy- not even close.
Have you read Jim Hand's Book?
Damn good book, I agree with most of it. BUT, his cam suggestions are different than mine would be. But other wise his book is right on.:D