bonding FG to steel

The guys were talking about bonding with adhesive, not screws. There shouldn't be any sort of deformation with that 3M stuff - I sure hope not as half my car's glued together with it :crap:

I used to screw to get the header bar back to its original location. For the rest it is glued on.

Screw holes cannot be "filled". They need to be dished out deep, and reglassed...just like a regular repair. Treat every screw hole like a crack in fiberglass.

Actually I did sort out the dimple problem and apparently it has something with the 8115 shrinking or swelling some. Only when covered with bondo, nothing was visible.

To be continued

Well, well, I received a call from my painter, he was final blocking on the L88 hood i have for my car. He found something that appeared to be a repair of a round hole. After some research, it appeared that the round witness line we found was caused by the attachment for the hood insulation. Those were also glued with 8115 to the underside of the hood. After deeper investigation, all the round attachments were more or less showing through. Really, I don't even know how to begin with understanding how this is even possible through the skin of the hood, with no other holes or anything ...

Holy crap! I forgot I even posted this thread. Good info though. I hope this winter to make up the flares for the Datsun. I will probably also do some custom ones for my Vette since I want to incorporate a Z06 style rear brake duct just behind the door seam.