Mass flow sensors

bobs77vet

i have a 99 jag xj8l and it has had a vibration at 53 mph that has been unfixable with alignments wheel balancing rotation etc etc etc......the jag dealership couldnt even figure it out......well any way the check engine light came on and my local mechanic determined that the two mass air flow sensors needed to be cleaned and that i had both banks of the engine getting lean mixtures.....he fixed it and guess what went away.....when it was running lean it must have set up some wierd harmonics in the car...strange.... if it didn't happen on my car i wouldn't have believed it.....

houseremodelphotos036.jpg

Last edited:
HUh....i'ts Brit.....case closed.....

glad it's fixed....

longest time now, but not happenind due to fuel, I have been looking at the JTR site....putting vette engines in Jags....trannies too....keeping everything else.....

:devil::bounce:

Had a friend who owned two jags, They both stayed in the shop, he got pissed and put 350's in both and has been a happy camper sense. Who said "change is not good?''':skeptic::goodevil::fishing:

Other than I know that Jags use a whole bunch of Delco parts, I'd almost bet that Jag uses Mass Aiflow sensors and computers from Lucas,

"The Prince of Darkness"

Lucas is the reason the Brits like warm beer- Lucas built the refrigerators.

:lol:

Other than I know that Jags use a whole bunch of Delco parts, I'd almost bet that Jag uses Mass Aiflow sensors and computers from Lucas,

"The Prince of Darkness"

Lucas is the reason the Brits like warm beer- Lucas built the refrigerators.

:lol:

Very true, but remember me pointing to some engine sensor on that DC10? aircraft made by Lucas, and you said it seldom failed....must be a differant branch of same company....

Probably is. That is the CIT sensor- compressor inlet temp-- and the only one I've had to replace was hit by a gull- but we had to swap the engine too..Smell was something special.