85 C4 Questions - New Owner Beginning Rebuild

85c4

I've always been a huge Vette fan and finally got the opportunity to purchase one yesterday. She's a fixer upper but I wouldn't have it any other way!

My questions are mostly pertaining to the engine rebuild I have in front of me:

-I want a good mild cam. Any suggestions? I was eyeing the Comp 12-364-4 "XFI" cam. Thoughts?

-How beneficial would it be to upgrade to aluminum heads? I found a pair of 58cc recently machined heads locally that I can get for a pretty good price from a guy. Should I go for it or would the stock cast iron heads be fine after a trip to the machine shop?

-Intake manifold...upgrade or port the stock one?

-Do I need to upgrade the stock fuel injectors? If so, need suggestions I have no clue what lbs/hr and PSI would be needed.

-With the above mentioned mods, do I have to do anything to the CPU? If so, how complicated is that process? I've heard the CPU and intake are kind of restrictive on this model year so I want to make sure I'm checking all of the right boxes to optimize my mods.

My goal is to get it to about 300-325 hp (not at rear wheel) so nothing too extreme. I'll have all of the necessary bolt-ons to help me get there (headers, exhaust system, intake). Just need some guidance on some of the internals. Thanks!

If you are going to pull the iron heads anyway, the aluminum head swap would be a good idea.