Fuel Rail Shraeder Valve

BBShark

Garage Monkey
Staff member
I am putting together a fuel rail for an EFI system and wanted to to test it for leaks (with air) before I put it all together. So at the very end of the fuel rail is a Shrader valve. I blocked the fuel in/out thought I would use a tire filling head to pressurize the rail. Wrong! The fitting on the valve is a AN size!

Does someone make an adapter or something that I can use to pressurize this thing?

What sucks is there is already a fuel pressure gauge plumbed in. The Shrader valve would be perfect to fill from because it has a check valve.

The bigger Shrader is called a "tank valve" someone has to make a filling head for those. If not they are useless.

Funny, the TPI pressure valves are all like the old R12 valves on A/C systems and so I use my a/c gauges....same as if it was on a a/c system...pressure is pressure.....

BUT on later cars I have noticed there is NO valve for fuel pressure test, or there was supposed to be a schrader valve....a tire valve , the way I know it....

WTF IS this shit about changing valve styles???

useless crap over nothing but keeping home mechanics out from under the hood....

YET another classic reason I will NEVER buy another newer car....

:smash::eek:

Funny, the TPI pressure valves are all like the old R12 valves on A/C systems and so I use my a/c gauges....same as if it was on a a/c system...pressure is pressure.....

BUT on later cars I have noticed there is NO valve for fuel pressure test, or there was supposed to be a schrader valve....a tire valve , the way I know it....

useless crap over nothing but keeping home mechanics out from under the hood....

You might have a solution there Gene. It is like an AC Shrader valve. If I could only find my old R12 stuff, I could rig something to attach the air.

You might have a solution there Gene. It is like an AC Shrader valve. If I could only find my old R12 stuff, I could rig something to attach the air.

:D Over the years here in Florida, for some strange reason the shopping drag is loaded with hock shops, and so I have managed to buy a couple of used set of R12 gauges for nothing, I even have a red one plumbed into the 700 trans main pressure point in the motor home :clap: for the new cars with 134 setups, I cheat and cut two cheep hoses and spliced together to adapt the gauges over, me being cheep and all....:crutches:

check the metco link that is what you need