why doesn't anyone make silicone hose kits for a 90 L-98 but do for the LT5?

JeffP1167

I want to use full silicone hose replacement on my L98 but have not been able to find a kit but always see LT5 kits.

Anyone know of a source?

Why would you want silicone hoses? spiffy colors? Waste of $$$$

Also, you would need custom hoses anyway for your conversion.

More for longer life is all, I'm mainly interested in oil cooler and heater hoses. Don't want colored ones though.

More for longer life is all, I'm mainly interested in oil cooler and heater hoses. Don't want colored ones though.

You're prejudice against colored? :hijack: :amused:

Wrap them in roll bar tape, problem solved :)

My main reason for silicon hoses is hopefully find ones that are molded since many of the hoses on my cooling system are weird shaped.

Not much will be custom since the major majority of the hoses will still be 90 vette stuff. Only odd hoses I might need for my conversion is the upper/lower radiator hose and hoses that run to the expansion tank.

I wind up using 1.25-1.5" brass drain plumbing pieces to splice hoses on my F body radiator, much less with the LT1 induction on top, so using sections of molded hose other than looks, it's never been an issue....

:(:crutches:

I wind up using 1.25-1.5" brass drain plumbing pieces to splice hoses on my F body radiator, much less with the LT1 induction on top, so using sections of molded hose other than looks, it's never been an issue....

I didn't know you lived in a mobile home ...:harhar: and why would you need to change the radiator hose? after all, everyone knows the only way a Camaro lives in the south is without its tires and wheels and on blocks in front of the mobile mansion :nuts:

I'm going to try and use the 90 vette cooling capsule in my 82 frame conversion so hopefully I will just be able to use stock 90 vette hoses for almost everything. The only thing that will prevent the 90 capsule from working is will it lower opening match the 82's air dam and modifying the front impact bumper mounts.