Upgrading the warning buzzer

denpo

Carburated Nihilist
I never heard it before, but now my key buzzer warning is working I can say it's annoying, and I can understand why the seatbelt buzzer have been removed.
Still I think it's sad to remove what is actually a good feature, if only it was not that horrible sound.

So I was thinking about replacing it with a more modern chime module.
I searched Ebay.
Most of the chime module (the C4's amongst them) have more than two pin, calling for some more hacking/modification. Others (hunday's for instance) are very simple, a 12v connector body to the ground.

I'll probably hit the scrapyard this weekend to see what I can get, but in the meanwhile if anyone has info on those, If you know a particular car from the 90's or 00's that have a chime module that's simple to use and sounds good, let know, you'd save me precious hours hunting wrecks buried in snow.

As you maybe know, all that shit started with that damn Ralph Nader in the 60's....and so the damn .gov got into BS laws about adding that shit, ME, I have removed every piece of that crap in every car I have owned....

Every time I get into the wife's car and the chimes go off, she hears me say the words.....

"SHUT UP, RALPH".....I swear it's true.....another annoying 'feature' I eliminate is 'courtesy' lights, worse yet, underhood/trunk lights.....they fail and you got a 'weak'/dead battery......

worse yet, is the concept of a 'BODY CONTROL COMPUTER'.....the bodies are SO far outta control, they need a computer to keep up with them.....

unfortunately they are NOT naked women's bodies.....:devil::D

I had a similar idea a while back... New GM cars run the door chimes and blinkers through the drivers side speaker. I was thinking it would be cool to find a module that plays the chime through a speaker like the GM stuff, but unfortunately that is done through the CAN system and the radio.
Toyota/Lexus seem to stay away from making the entire car a data system so I would be looking there for a simple 12v chime module

Thanks for the info, will look forward for japanese cars chime module.

Too much fishes to fry by the weekend, so I'm putting the idea in the backburner, I need to call a wrap on the interior/electric side of the car for now, I will get back to this later.

Car that I was working on the other day... 07 Nissan Maxima. The whole lower dash panel comes out with 2 T20 screws towards the bottom.
I couldnt figure out how to get it to chime to hear it but it was just a 2 wire connection
16043031-015B-47ED-B568-CFF31528FE70_zpssdndn9vo.jpg

Car that I was working on the other day... 07 Nissan Maxima. The whole lower dash panel comes out with 2 T20 screws towards the bottom.
I couldnt figure out how to get it to chime to hear it but it was just a 2 wire connection
Interresting, thank for the info.

Another... 04 Hyundai Elantra. 2 wire connection. Sounded kind of "cheap" but definitely more modern than the factory vette buzzer. Similar year Hyundai Santa-Fe had the same module right above the kick panel.
Phillips head and 10mm socket needed to pull off lower dash panel
3788CB7D-2BBA-4606-B205-F41B77F99443_zpseaspffbn.jpg

Another... 04 Hyundai Elantra. 2 wire connection. Sounded kind of "cheap" but definitely more modern than the factory vette buzzer. Similar year Hyundai Santa-Fe had the same module right above the kick panel.
Phillips head and 10mm socket needed to pull off lower dash panel
3788CB7D-2BBA-4606-B205-F41B77F99443_zpseaspffbn.jpg
Wow, thanks you so much.
I spotted the Hunday one on ebay, looked 2 wire.
Now I know it sounds ok.
May order it, it will be a long time before scrapyards are reachable.