Do i need these?

SRountree

I'm changing my wiper door and headlights to electric power VS. The vacuum. I assume these wont be needed but I am looking in my book to see. What do you guys think? They came out of the driver side behind the egg crate.

Attachments

• 0422151526_resized.jpg
    0422151526_resized.jpg
    522.4 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:
Ok, the one is a carbon canister for fuel evaporative system... Not sure if I really need this or not but can it be cleaned or services? Still looking for the other.

The both came from same spot under/behind the left fender and the steel box is /WAS a vacuum storage canister and operated because a one way valve in the vacuum line from the intake manifold....it would store suckage to operate the headlights or the wiper door, as needed.....trick is, it tends to leak and indeed mine had bad/sad stress cracks in it, and so I just eliminated it from the device plumbing....note three nipples one to the engine main vacuum suck, and then one to the wiper door, the other to the headlight circuits.....

the round plastic? can is the fuel evap emissions thing.....I just have a vented locking cap on my car, and the line from the upper left overflow black plastic valve way the hell up under there where you cuss at....that limits the liquid gasoline from the line to that charcoal can you have....but I got lucky in that mine has a valve that is stuck open...so one less line to the engine....and the LARGE line to the engine goes in with a valve cover vent....NOT the PCV line under full engine mani vac....but just the valve cover....and so it sux out the fuel vapors with a mild suck from before the throttle blades.....

kinda like inside the air filter type thing....don't hurt a flea.....

;)

I had a whole lot more gasoline odor from my car when the charcoal canister was disconnected.

just disconnecting it will do that, especially if the fluid control valve/float on top left of the tank is not doing well, allows gasoline/liquid into the line going forward....like I said, I got lucky and my control valve on the canister was stuck open, so I just ran the line to the throttle body, T's in with the one from the valve cover, my PCV valve mounts on the side of the intake mani, so no problems there....

I too had vapors in the garage when I had the factory sealed cap on there, but for other reasons I put a locking cap on there, and while messing around noticed I still had a gas smell.....took off the rubber rain shield around the filler cap, and noticed some device next to the filler, on the left, it showed gasoline was leaking around it when tank was full so I epoxied it shut, CASE CLOSED...been fine since///