New here

00fxd

Hi all, I was invited over here by a pal over at the Corvette forum in the "Auto crossing section". Looks like a good site. I see a lot of familiar personalities here. Looks like the kind of site that would attract serious gear heads like myself.

Is the user name 00fxd a contraction of 2000 Dyna? If so, I should be 94fxr.

Is the user name 00fxd a contraction of 2000 Dyna? If so, I should be 94fxr.

Yep, been ridin' for a long time, wifey has a [lowered] Superglide as well. The FXR is thought by many to be the greatest of them all, I have riden many [sold them/worked at a dealership] FXR's and loved them all. '94 was the last year of production except for a limited production revival in the late 90's. you gotta love yours :thumbs:

I have had the FXR since 1996 and it has undergone three transformations, all work done by me. This is the last one:

NewSideView.jpg

I painted it at work. We have a walk-in paint booth. It's a black base with gold marbelizer and then a tinted intercoat with candy tints. Its all HOK stuff, pricey but it's worth it. Yeah, I was never a fan of those big Ness covers, makes it look like a Kawasaki.

The biggest challenge was putting a 180 on the back, took a little frame sectioning. Also fabbed the trees and mounts for the front inverted forks.

kool clean bike.
seems most vette owners also ride bikes.
i ride a black custom chopper springer softtail with a 124" tp engine.
:cool::cool::cool:

Yeah, I was never a fan of those big Ness covers, makes it look like a Kawasaki.
The biggest challenge was putting a 180 on the back, took a little frame sectioning. Also fabbed the trees and mounts for the front inverted forks.

Wow, a machinist too. I wish I had a paint booth, Someday.
You guys should post pics of your choppers. I don't need to post pics of mine it's just a stock black superglide with mini apes, foreword controls and saddlebags. [and shotguns]
When I worked at the dealership I told all the customers loadin' up with chrome that my bike made thier bikes look good.

Building bikes is not my main business, this is the only one I have done. As a part of my work, I just happen to have access to a lot of very cool stuff!

Ride to live, live to ride
PawnonCaptain.jpg

bye.jpg

Last edited: