Hello from Oregon... USA

1979redvette

Hello everyone. I found this site after I bought some OBX sidemount pipes and headers. I was looking for another person who had bought them to see how it went for them. Looks like a great site. I have a, yes you guessed it, 1979 red vette. It's a tee top with the off white colored leather interior. I got it almost two years ago. It had a new GM 350 crate motor when I bought it, well pretty new, 2000 miles. Last summer I put in an Edelbrock 2098 performer kit in it which is pretty awesome, 410 HP. The only original part under the hood is the carb, which will be available soon if anyone is interested. Anyway, great site and looking forward to the wealth of knowledge and experience available from the Vette vets on this site!
Jesse

hey Jesse, welcome to Vettemod

my '79 used to be red too..... and bone stock looking when I got it..... that sure changed over the pst few years LOL

thanks

Thank you for the welcome! I'll get some pics on here soon. The part of Oregon that I live in is rather cold and snowy in the winter so the car doesn't come out at all until late spring.

Also, I was wondering where on this site I should post a question about what carb to use on my engine. Like I said, it's a bit over 400 HP, with the Edelbrock 2098 kit (Performance RPM package, RPM Air Gap Man, RPM Heads, cam....) and OBX headers with 1 7/8" primaries and 4" collectors. I also am not sure about electric choke, and how many CFM I should have with this set up... I'm a newbe with this stuff...

IMO, I would put direct port FI on it, closed loop....

All around superior performance....:crutches:

Here's a picture

I still haven't put on the polished stainless steel headers and sidepipes, I'll post another picture when I do.

thum_22924f4aa22e4e218.jpg

I still haven't put on the polished stainless steel headers and sidepipes, I'll post another picture when I do.

thum_22924f4aa22e4e218.jpg

Nice car, looking at the territory, wonder where it is....certainly not east coast.... great scenery......:thumbs:

Not east coast is right. This picture was taken in Idaho but I live a little further west in Oregon, on the dry side.