What's your best C4 mod?

Shillinger

Cool site! let's talk about modding these cars!

What is the best mod you have done to your C4? Performance, appearance, you name it:D

The best performance mod I made to my 90 was headers and exhaust. Really woke up the engine. I did this a while back and there was not a lot of aftermarket exhaust stuff for a C4 but now there is a ton of systems out there.

I did some intake plenum porting and couldn't really notice any performance improvement.

When I had my '87 auto vert....I found the best thing was the aftermarket chip, woke that car up a good amount....Performance Resource...but these days I would go Formatto, or Anderson....
cheeper....

same results...

Thanks for the relys. The probably should do the exhaust mod before any new chips. Needs to at least sound better if not perform better.

Thanks for the relys. The probably should do the exhaust mod before any new chips. Needs to at least sound better if not perform better.

Well, the NICE thing is they didn't go so apeshit with the O2 sensors, so you can cut off the cats, or change shit around to your liking assuming no nazis are looking over your shoulder......

so to go with Magnaflow or some NON RESONANT muff type that don't drone hell out of you if you are street driven....

Best mod I've made was to build an entirely new 388 CID LT1 engine for my 96. Eagle forged crank and rods, SRP forged pistons, ported AFR heads and match ported LT1 intake topped off the project, along with a CompCams XFI cam Hughes 3000 stall converter and Scorpion 1.8 RRs.

Night and Day difference.

Jake