metalbumper71

dwelch

hi.i'm from carroll ohio and traded my 1970 bb chevelle race car for a 1971 vette coupe.i'm in the process of fixing everything that needs fixed on a 40 year old car. these cars are very different than the impalas,novas,camaros and chevelles i have owned for the last 50 years (i'll be 65 in october). i painted it bridgehampton blue in october of 10 (basecoat clearcoat). i feel very lucky to find this blog because i'll need some advice on all different things these cars have on them. thanks for your time.

Welcome to the forum and this is the best place for info on your car. There is a lot of very smart and helpful guys on this forum.

OH and this thread needs pictures of the car!! :club:

Welcome to the motley crew....

and I have a somewhat modified '72 vert over the last 16 years.....

another olde phart here, age 67.....having owned a lot of A bodies over the decades, B bodies also....and other assorted junk....

:friends::crutches:

Welcome to the forum and this is the best place for info on your car. There is a lot of very smart and helpful guys on this forum.

OH and this thread needs pictures of the car!! :club:

:)thanks.i'm having the photo guys here at work helping me to shrink my pics to get them on here. maybe today

Welcome to the motley crew....

and I have a somewhat modified '72 vert over the last 16 years.....

another olde phart here, age 67.....having owned a lot of A bodies over the decades, B bodies also....and other assorted junk....

:friends::crutches:

:)hi. i can relate to the assorted junk.

here are a couple of pics the day i brought it home from the body shop.bridgehampton blue basecoat clearcoat ppg shopline.probably should have started on the mechanics first but it's easier to work on a car when it looks good.it looks pretty scary to me when i look under it because i've never tried to restore a vette. so many different things, but i'm excited.

Attachments

• dennys corvette 001.jpg
    dennys corvette 001.jpg
    340.6 KB · Views: 7
  • dennys corvette 002.jpg
    dennys corvette 002.jpg
    359.9 KB · Views: 6
I dunno man, something about a new paint job that makes me nervous as a whore in church....

I sweating getting one ding on that virgin....

much less getting one on that chassis....

:D:clap::D