CNC'd Port Fuel Injection Plenum Project

BBShark

Garage Monkey
Staff member
Looks like posts after Feb 1 got lost with the database problem. So a repost

This is a project I have been working on for more years than I want to admit. If is finally assembled, mounted to the frame and (fingers crossed) ready to go.

The plenum was made in 2 plates and the runners are individual pieces. This is mounted to a Ramjet GM intake.

45a999ed5d40d7.jpg

45a999ed5eb57a.jpg

45a999ed62a040.jpg

454d7d5e001026.jpg

Really nice work! I dont remember if you mentioned it the last time this was posted but did you do any flow tests on it?

Yes. The CFD showed that the #7 cylinder didn't flow as well as the rest. Pretty much due to the back wall of the plenum being cutout for the distributor. You can see the corner that was made (at #7) in the CNC pic. That was balanced using CFD but never gets perfect. My main concern was port scavenging and finding plenum volume to dampen induction pulses.

The guy that did it works on jet engines and designs heads for drag racers.

Yes. The CFD showed that the #7 cylinder didn't flow as well as the rest. Pretty much due to the back wall of the plenum being cutout for the distributor. You can see the corner that was made (at #7) in the CNC pic. That was balanced using CFD but never gets perfect. My main concern was port scavenging and finding plenum volume to dampen induction pulses.

The guy that did it works on jet engines and designs heads for drag racers.

Very cool!