VBP Bump Steer Kit?

SIXFOOTER

Anyone know anything about this kit? What are the little triangle brackets with the bolt holes for? I am having a hard time picturing this thing, Anyone have pics of installation?

They bolt to the stock steering arms.

29duxrs.jpg

Last edited:
aHHH, A picture is worth 100 words, thanks.
After building my spreader bar I was thinking about making Tie Rods with Heim joints and ran across their kit. Still studying it

aHHH, A picture is worth 100 words, thanks.
After building my spreader bar I was thinking about making Tie Rods with Heim joints and ran across their kit. Still studying it

the problem with heims as tie rod ends for the street is they will wear out rather quickly, when they wear and break you crash, heims are some times used on vintage C-3 race cars that generally get better maintenance than a street car, besides a premium heim to replace a tie rod end would probably run $60 each. where as tie rod ends wear much slower and cost much less, even a premium MOOG tie rod end...which is what I use.
redvetracr

the problem with heims as tie rod ends for the street is they will wear out rather quickly, when they wear and break you crash, heims are some times used on vintage C-3 race cars that generally get better maintenance than a street car, besides a premium heim to replace a tie rod end would probably run $60 each. where as tie rod ends wear much slower and cost much less, even a premium MOOG tie rod end...which is what I use.
redvetracr

RVR, specifically and to WIT, THAT is the reason I used stock tie rod ends on my install....I would NEVER use a heim joint for street use in all sorts of weather....not even MY car which has the hood open at least 12x/WEEK yet....:goodevil:

I have never strongly said so anywhere, but I agree with you about premature wear, especially in a sandy/gritty place like FLORIDA...maybe as well as sandland....