Michel's 72 coupe

1Michel

Hey I have not worked on the car for a while but this week end I finally found a few days to play in the garage.
So here what I've been up to.
First the car has been dissasembled for a while, I gussetted the frame and put the body back on the frame for test fit and also to aling the steering box to the steering column. I'll will install a Jeep box so the frame will be notched so the box can aling and a joint will be used instead of a rag joint.
I'm following Norval's install for the Jeep box, he's documented this a lot but I'll post pics as I'm going.

Today I installed the steering column then took the carpets and window tray out from the rear of the seats area. I also took the chrome trim on the top between the Ttops and found out my cage is pretty nice. Just a bit of surface rust. Also the windshield posts are solid and rust free.

One area that's bothering me a bit is the lower driver side winshield.

Theres a bit of rust there and . Also between the front of the bird cage and the cowl theres a separation due to rust and I'm afraid it will leak. I think I'll have to remove the windshield and make this area waterproof.
I'll try to load up some pics.

180486017afc10e1.jpg

180486017af18ff4.jpg

180486017b068a31.jpg

Last edited:
Hard to see but what area do you mean? the bonding area between firewall and birdcage? Doesn't look too bad in those pics.

Sorry for the hijack but can you post a picture of the driver side dash, so it shows the mounts and stuff

Hi jack off

I think Michel is having problems posting the pcis, I edited his post to show the pics.

Michel there's no need to add the img tags, just copy the bbcode lines out of your image hosting list.

Another do-it-yourself Jeep box install here in VetteMod! :yahoo: I will keep a close eye on your posts. Should be interesting. Check out the Downloads section where I uploaded a CAD model showing the notched frame.

Hard to see but what area do you mean? the bonding area between firewall and birdcage? Doesn't look too bad in those pics.

The pics make it look allright but if you look closely where the windshield curves it nice and tight but after about 2 inches just about where the wiper mount it's separated a bit I just poured water and it does leak,
Also if I push the windshield out in that area it lifts a bit, in other words it's not glued or not bonded to the windshield post, so it will come out.

Last edited:
Sorry for the hijack but can you post a picture of the driver side dash, so it shows the mounts and stuff

Hi jack off

Do you mean from inside the car
18048602fe97b5d2.jpg

18048602fea65646.jpg

18048602fe9089f0.jpg

I just put back the steering column so I could get ithe box aligned properly.
i didnt install the pedal assembly since I'll powder coat the brackets once everything is cut and ready for final assembly.

Yeah I left the keys in, dont think anybody going anywhere with the car...

Last edited:
Another do-it-yourself Jeep box install here in VetteMod! :yahoo: I will keep a close eye on your posts. Should be interesting. Check out the Downloads section where I uploaded a CAD model showing the notched frame.

Cool Ill post th progress but be patient I dont have have a lot of time to work on the car.
But I'll post it for sure

Just saw the thread, looks cool.
But I think I'll go with notching the frame anyway the Norval way so I can gain a bit of space for the headers since I have a BB.
I'll check anyway for sure before I make any cuts.