OMG, trying to order parts!!!

00fxd

I am trying to order some parts for my LS conversion. My engine is not here yet. A bell housing and a flywheel. For 3 days now. There seems to be several suppliers and I get conflicting info. Then they won't answer the phone! Does anyone know if the LS engine's bellhousing bolts to the oil pan for structural integrity? Some say yes, some say no, some say the bellhousings they supply don't need to bolt to the pan - one guy says that 2 bellhousing bolts can't be used from the 621 housing unless you drill a hole at 12oclock in the bellhousing. I don't think so.
Apparantly there's a lightweight flywheel available that dual drilled to accept LS style and old style clutch covers.
I'm hoping that someone here has been thru this and can tell me where to order..
Thank, Frank

Last edited:
LS1? The trans does not bolt to the oil pan. it bolts down just like any prev. small/big block although ot all the bolt holes are there. Should be plenty strong.

T56 that came w GTO LS1, no tranny to oil pan bolts.
24add806bb7894.jpg

Rear of LS2

24add82cc2f053.jpg

A 621 BBC bell housing will bolt to the LS. It wont have the 12 o clock bolt hole. Others have used this without problems. I bought one from keisler drilled for the 12 o clock hole.
The pan bolts are not needed. You do need to have the bell hosing on before the pan to prevent it from pushing the bottom of the bell housing back.
I used a LS1 flywheel/clutch/plate. That will mate up to any 26 spline GM trans. If you're using the 10 spine, just swap out the clutch disk.

Hi Gary.
My LQ9 [Escalade/Siverado SS high output engine, better rods, higher comp, LT1 cam] is here so I'm Rarin' to go!
The bell housing being bolted to the pan as well seems like a good idea structurally and maybe even nessesary. When I see the OEM building something like that and and guys deviate I get suspicious.
Thats interesting about the GTO engine to trans not having the bolts tho.
I ordered this bellhousing:
http://thebellhousinguy.com/
He makes make a modified version that bolts to the pan as well so thats the one I chose, we'll see how that goes. I think I'm being anal here but I also think it would be a neat piece if it turns out OK and they're only $200.
I also ordered this flywheel:
http://www.keislerauto.com/gm/gm-pa...el-lightweight-flywheel/shop.flypage_acc.html
So I should be good.. Of course Kiesler is out of stock right now, we'll see how long that takes...........
Regards, Frank

The whole dilema is that I am stickin' with my Muncie

I did the same in the Maryland/DC region....traffic and lack of need for a over drive.....

but when moving to Florida....we cruise at 80 all day long...

so I dumped out in favor of the cheepest o/drive around a automatic 4 speed...

:crutches:

Is that a 10 spline input.
If so, there's a simple solution with off the shelf parts. I was going to use the Muncie but then decided to go with the 26 spline richmond.