Battery Cold Cranking Amps

00fxd

Does anyone have an opinion on minimum requirement for battery Cold Cranking Amps for my LQ4? The battery placement in my '65 Corvette is quite compact so I need the smallest battery that will work. Of course the smaller the batt, the less available cca's. The car will not be run in too cold of weather and will be well maintained [battery tender etc.]. Terminal placement or style is irrelevant - I can wire anything in. I can get a pretty small batt @ 480 - 500cca but I fear that won't do the job. Price is not an object..
Thanks, Frank

380cca?? :amazed: Ya figure that will do it?
That's exactly the info that I was looking for.
Thanks '69 !
Frank

380cca?? :amazed: Ya figure that will do it?
That's exactly the info that I was looking for.
Thanks '69 !
Frank

Don't know, but I'm going to give it a try. My car is just a summer plaything, so it never sits outside (even when I lived up north), and the present 470 CCA battery is overkill. I'm using a later model C4 gear reduction starter, so I don't know how much its current drain compares with the stock anchor-weight starters. The present battery weighs about 27 pounds, and I'd like to drop about five pounds of weight with the next battery. (I could go with one of the uber expensive lightweight batteries, but I hate spending large sums of money on "consumable" items.)

New Porsche LI-ion battery from a spyder or 911, a mere $2K, won't work below 0* C but only weighs 13lbs :)

I also have a gear reduction starter, the engine is a 2003 6.0L - when I did a compression check on the stand all the cyl's were around 225psi on the gauge. But you're spinin' gawdauful heavy BB with a little battery.....