My 79 project

I never have any luck with fuel injected cars and i just don't want any bad luck with this build. But i have decided on a vortec block to build my 383.

From everything i have read and the people i have talked to, the duel q-jet will give it a better power band. As i said in an earlier post. I have a carb shop about 2 blocks away from my apt that can do so very very wicked things with carbs. Needless to say he will be tuning the carbs to the motor, i just cannot pass up the opportunity his skill provides.

On the plus side i can still say the vette is a 350 with a rochester carb, i don't have to tell anyone that it will have 2 or that the 350 has been bored out. :)

The steering box rebuild

Ok here are some pics that i took while "cough, cough" i was working on my steering box today. :stirpot:

Attachments

• DSC01209.JPG
    DSC01209.JPG
    164.9 KB · Views: 23
  • DSC01215.JPG
    DSC01215.JPG
    163.3 KB · Views: 21
  • DSC01212.JPG
    DSC01212.JPG
    162.9 KB · Views: 20
  • DSC01217.JPG
    DSC01217.JPG
    165.2 KB · Views: 26
My vette has a name!!!

So up until now my vette has gone un-named, but do to a post on another thread my car will now be affectionately known as "Bessie".

Rant

:hissyfit: There should be a big sign inside the engine compartment that says "Hey moron before you cut a big hole in your hood, this engine is mounted 1" to 1-1/2" off center." :hissyfit:

Took another look this morn. Its not as bad as i thought it was last night, i centered the hole in the hood. Now i just have to figure out what to do about the engine being off-center, its annoying me.

So, today i actually started working on my steering box and got it completely apart, smashed my finger twice in doing so. No worries though, it will grow back (i think) lol. Now all i have to do is assemble everything. Sorry no pics, there are enough pic's of greasy dissembled gearboxes online already.

I spoke with my boss today about using one of our cnc lathes to make new body mount bushings for Bessie. He said to go for it! I also got about 2 foot of sample material from my plastics guy. Its white but at least i will never have to worry about ever doing the mounts again, ever!

As a side note i'm also on my last pack of smokes. A really good friend (and one hell of a lathe hand) of mine got lung cancer and a piece broke off and went to his brain. I told him that if he could quit, than i could quit. I have the strange feeling that i'm gonna be smashing a lot more of my fingers by the end of the week.

The steering box rebuild finished!!!

So she's back on the road after the $300 alignment. She definitely drives better than before, but the steering still sucks. :( guess i'll have to work on it some more in the spring. Cause right now im done for the winter (its too damn cold outside) Here's some pic's :)

Attachments

• DSC01230.JPG
    DSC01230.JPG
    164.9 KB · Views: 9
  • DSC01231.JPG
    DSC01231.JPG
    162.2 KB · Views: 7
  • DSC01225.JPG
    DSC01225.JPG
    162.9 KB · Views: 9
  • DSC01238.JPG
    DSC01238.JPG
    163.8 KB · Views: 10
As a side note i'm also on my last pack of smokes. A really good friend (and one hell of a lathe hand) of mine got lung cancer and a piece broke off and went to his brain. I told him that if he could quit, than i could quit. I have the strange feeling that i'm gonna be smashing a lot more of my fingers by the end of the week.
my two cents,
I gave up on smokes recently too with help of an e-cig.
A work colleague started selling them online and gave me all the info to get it right.
I went for a deluxe model (100$) and the experience is excellent.
My job is 100% brain and require deep concentration/frustration resistance, quitting raw would have prevented me from working.
I still can work but I already find the smell of cigarette smoke just shitty, like a non smoker would, I don't miss it a single second.
I'm gradually lowering the level of nicotine.

Bon courage!

Denis, a lot of people in the south have quit using "Chantix" sp?
I have been tied up for some time but am getting things worked out.
I havent forgot about your project but still struggling to catch up.