Rhinoplasty & Butt Lift

Geoff Coenen

http://youtu.be/qRFM77JMb_A

In 2010 after 35 years, my old 1975 Corvette needed to have the front & rear rubber ducky caps replaced. Not a bad run. The original urethane just cracked & pieces fell out. I've had this one 17 years, since 1975. It's a good luck charm & while not as flashy as many other Corvettes, it deserves to be pampered & preserved.

When I was given the winning ticket for this car & claimed it on the stage at Carlisle I met the original owner, a Pennsylvania native. He was interested if I was going to keep it as there were several immediate low ball offers to sell it from the sharks that are usually in the car corral. It was clean & although not a 427 or FI or 2x4, etc, it was a good luck charm. As serendipity would have it, I just happened to have the garage space.

I never did get an opportunity to thank the fellow who gave me the ticket, but did write Chip & Bill Miller a Thank You note that I was told they had put on display in their office. 1995 was the first year we did not bring 2 trucks laden with parts and instead we offered free shipping. As a result I had all the names & addresses of those Carlisle customers and gave each a rebate on their order in addition to their free shipping. I also offered a discount on their next order.

Remarkably ten years later in 2005 a fellow from NJ called us and said he found that 1995 letter & never availed himself of that discount offer. He asked if it was still good, and after a momentary reflection I said why not.

Good luck is better than no luck.

PS: Chuck G. Thanks for this Title :D

Every bit of my Corvette biography (if there is such a thing) has been serendipity.

If my used XKE was not stolen, I could not have gotten my Aunt Sils's 1963.
If her 1963 had not been a fuelie, I would not have been that impressed with the performance - at that time in HS & college my peer group called them plastic bathtubs.

At Carlisle in 1995 a vendor got 10 tickets per space for the give away car. I had over 50 tickets of my own - all were loosers. If I had not let that fellow use my extra spaces, I would not have gotten that one ticket that was the winner.

I have not attended the past 3 years, however from what I understand, there was no car give away this year, although apparently there were funds available for another 1960 LeMans Cunningham racer which is under a dark cloud now. Chip was a friend & although not very close; I think a much better promoter than his replacements.