Go Back   VetteMOD.com > VetteMOD Technical Discussion > Paint, Body and Interior

Old 03-07-2016, 09:43 PM
Addict

My Photos: (0)
Default Naca Duct - Haters Requested

So, despite my custom motor mount to drop and solid mount my motor, my Procharger pulley has again eaten it's way through my hood.

Options? I dunno. The only thing I can think to do would be to install a Naca Duct right on top of the Procharger, greenwood turbo Vette style (see pic). This would have the added benefit of cooling the head unit.

But I don't want to be accused of turning my car into a rice rocket.

To make matters worse, so I don't have to repaint the hood (at least not right away) I'm considering riveting on a carbon fiber or gloss black duct.

Provide alternatives or forever hold your peace.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-07-2016, 11:39 PM
United States | Addict

My Photos: (554)

Quote:
Originally Posted by enkeivette View Post
So, despite my custom motor mount to drop and solid mount my motor, my Procharger pulley has again eaten it's way through my hood.
Hmm don't know how a NACA duct would give the height it seems you might be needing. Maybe a well styled aerodynamic blister like on the old Triumph TR-4s?

Could have the lip inside and still surface mount with some 3M trim tape to keep from a total repaint.

Here's a couple of pics:

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click Here To Register...] That one is a "custom version."

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click Here To Register...] This is more "stock."

Cheers - Jim
Old 03-08-2016, 02:58 AM
Addict

I would cut 2" out of the back of the duct, to allow the pulley to stick though, and the remaining part of the duct would funnel air underneath the pulley, onto the procharger.
Old 03-08-2016, 03:09 AM
Addict

And I have seen the bluge in the hood. There is a stroked and blown Vortech C3 out there with a small dome molded into the hood over the blower. Can't find any pics, but I didn't love it.

I do like the idea of mounting it underneath with 3M tape. Assuming I can make a chip free cut in the paint
Old 03-08-2016, 11:50 AM
United States | Addict

My Photos: (33)

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click Here To Register...]

Functional. Make the scoop out of plex if vision is obstructed.
Old 03-09-2016, 04:01 AM
Addict

Default Naca Duct - Haters Requested

:O

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-09-2016, 11:54 AM
United States | Addict

I may do this on my one car, the F2 volute will need a "bubble" or blister in the hood and the scoop will run over top. This way the scoop and air box get cool air.

I think I have photos and will link them as that article will get deleted eventually.
Old 03-09-2016, 12:03 PM
United States | Addict

Clever guy who fab'ed this up.
Old 04-22-2016, 06:41 PM
United States | Knows just enough to be dangerous!

My Photos: (105)

the beauty of our cars is the never get mistaken for anything...

Do what suits you !!

I'm thinking of a NACA duct to feed a box around the air filter on my Ramjet... instead of sucking hot air under the hood... cool air is free horsepower... ~1% increase in power for every 11F drop in inlet air temp... holding every thing else constant... I was thinking of fitting a spare vac/boost clock ive had laying around too..

If I had room for duct work I could pull it from in front of the rad or the base of the windshield

1971 Can-Am, 502 Ramjet, CC Rollers, hookers, 14 pt cage, Lakewood, McLeod RST DD, ROD 6 trans, 3.08 rear, Wilwood brakes, Hydraboost, Steeroids, Tubular A-arms, QA1 DA and Viking DA shocks, VanSteel HD offset TA's w/Johnny Joints, 6 link, 3" tele halfshafts, modded dragvette loops, 16 gallon fuel cell, basset wheels 15x10x4 with nitto 555r 275/50VR15, 15x12x4.5 with nitto 555r 325/50VR15's, Ultrashield seats, SW Clocks, 16" spal fan, Jones Racing RTP, FIA lights, Mirrors, Action...