C7 review

clutchdust

Millionaire Playboy
I got to spend a little quality time with a c7 today. The manufacturers frequently do hot weather validation out here and I see manufacturer plates all the time. I saw a c6 coupe all the way back in Feb of '03 when they were testing so maybe this will become a tradition for me seeing the new cars before they hit the market.
Anyway, my impression is basically, if you like the car in pictures, you're going to like it in person. If you don't, I don't think the car IRL is going to change your mind. I think the car is going to look phenomenal as a convertible.
8351f092b6e1a19.jpg
LINK to my response to c7 thread on a local club forum, complete with detailed write up. I even give props to VetteMOD for hosting the pics.

I LIKE THE FRONT END>>>>>

KILLER....:cool:

Hate to break it to you guys, I LOVE the rear lights also.....as if you look at the '68 Olds lights in the tail of my car, you see the influence...more a complete rectangle, and the 00 that is so old, it's worn OUT already.....think maybe it's time for a styling change?? only been since '62 on that shit.....

Last edited:
It has grown on me.. the level of quality looks like it has gone up in leaps and bounds and it looks very exotic.. even if they did just steal the ass off a camaro. And the convertible is really nice....

ResizedImage_1376055430268_zps56356293.jpg

I do think the body will fit the convertible very well. I can't wait to see one in person. I still think the tail lights were a high risk, low reward change that just didn't pan out, at least not for me. Every time I look at the back, whether in person or in pictures, I can't help but think "there's just no reason they couldn't have kept the Corvette heritage."

I don't mind the tail lights but the rear black vents that droop :sick:. Easy enough to fix, just paint them body color. Matter of fact paint all the vents body color.