Hopefully not too much of a dumb question

Tony's81

I'm really not sure how to explain this in writing but here goes...I'm a pretty tall guy with long legs so my feet are really, really close to the fuse box on my 81.. One day I noticed that there's a thick orange wire hanging down out from under the dash. I also noticed that the end of the wire has old sodder on it and that there's a (for the lack of knowing the real name) "fuse port" or "connector" that looks to be missing a wire in the fuse box. Is it possible that I could've stepped on the wire and it separated from the fuse port or connector? I can't really see the writing on the fuse box to know to which area of the car it would control but I do know that parts of my center console the car, i.e. lighter, heat and air, and defrost are all now not working. Hopefully someone understands what i'm trying to say and can give me some direction.. lol..

Orange wire becomes hot when ignition is in the RUN position....engine live or not....as to what is rong with your car, man that's a crap shoot.....Do you have a Voltmeter??? much less any idea how to use one??

without that much information, it's a tough shituation man....:surrender:

OH, I see you in Maryland......ever heard of Tony's vette shop in Gaithersburg, just north of DC????

give them a shot.....

If you have a meter, see if you have 12v at the broken connector in the fuse box. If you don't run a wire from the +12 battery terminal to the broken wire. Then see if your stuff works (might take the key in the run position).

orange wires tend to go to the interior lights; but some cars have random orange wires hanging...

is anything not working that used to work?