Adding Cruise Control for LS Drive by Cable in 78

donnie_19

Trying to add cruise as I finish up my conversion. Need to do on the cheap os I been searching around the LS forum and looks like I can use a cruise module from a late 90's S10. My 78 came with a cruise stalk. Is it possible or practical to use this stalk instead of changing out for the only feature I see as decel or accel. I am using a holley avenger and have digital dakota gauges with the electronic speedo transducer. Couple of reference diagrams.

http://www.austinthirdgen.org/mkportal/modules/contents/images/diagram_1992_cruise_control.jpg

Been a while, so I guessing here, but that cruise lever is also the turn signal, correct?? IF so, you turn the lever handle for accel/cruise/whatever, but to turn on SET the cruise you have a button on the end, no?? the lettering maybe worn off by now, only been 40 years.....

I have cruise with a mechanical hookup to the throttle body, and a 88-91 FI computer call it an L98 engine/automatic.....

My cruise as been on there for years now, bought it here in Florida, but I would have to do some searching over what it came from.....If it sounds helpful, lemme know, and I will search the files to see what/if anything makes sense with your diagram above.....

:eek::thumbs:

My turn signal stalk only has a button. So more of a throttle lock than accel and decel which is better than nothing?

My turn signal stalk only has a button. So more of a throttle lock than accel and decel which is better than nothing?

That bit of knowledge is where I drop out, as I have a bunch of small .mil surplus switches where the old HVAC control used to be, and among the switches is the cruise there is a center off switch, push it forward/back to set and accell/slo down, of course the brake pedal cancels it out....:thumbs: