What is wrong with the C3 front suspension?

Bumping an old thread--

So what is it about "tall ball joints" (like the SPC A-arms) that improves the handling characteristics of the front suspension/steering? My plans for this year are handling improvements to make it better on the street.

I understand the geometry of my stock control arms is off from factory design by having lowered the car, but haven't studied it much.

I am looking at the VBP tubular upper control arms mainly to get more caster, but they don't have a tall ball joint!

Howe racing ball joints come in various heights. The spc a arms give a lot of adjustment. My frame is tweaked and I needed extra adjustment (new frame in process).

Does it help? I made a lot of changes and the car is more fun to drive, but which one did what is anyone's guess.

I think TT has articles in the tech section explaining the tall ball joints.

That's a great chart. With a BB and aftermarket springs, I could not add the extra long lower ball joints. The car is low enough that the Lakewood bell housing will hit speed bumps.

I did the 1.5 longer uppers. Howe ball joints are really nice, have them on two cars.