Go Back   VetteMOD.com > VetteMOD Technical Discussion > Drive Train

Old 01-30-2014, 12:55 AM
United States | Phantom of the Opera

My Photos: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MYBAD79 View Post
Can somebody shine some light on why Keisler is a BS company? Maybe they got worse since I dealt with them in 2006???? Back then their TKO kit was $4200 which is about $800 more than the parts are if you piecemeal it together and buy stuff on sale here and there, shop Ebay etc ..... That's what you pay if you want a complete and well fitting kit from one supplier and all the parts at one time ....
When I bought their kit I was tired of mesding with that stuff and I just had that 383 built... I wanted to drive the car so I paid the premium price for their kit.
Again, no issues, I thought they really had their together....
Take a look at the economy man, 06 was height of the housing bubble, people were building/fixing houses like MAD, now the only area that housing has not totally collapsed is in the grossly overpaid Wash DC/Maryland/NOVA region....the rest of the country is suffering.....and so is the demand for aftermarket conversions for old vettes/muscle cars.....I BET VBP sales are 1/2 today what they were in 06, certainly in quantity, and surely prices are UP too.....so looking at gross receipts meaningless in this case....

Old 01-30-2014, 01:01 AM
Germany | Crew Chief

My Photos: (882)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHAKERATTLEROLL View Post
Well I am not going to rehash everything for the previous years as there are lots of threads on the subject to be found even though savewave did remove a good many of them to help support Keister.

But you could ask a few of the 500+ that have recently lost out not to mention many of them that were told lies for the past year + that they would get there kits.

Almost forgot there most famous excuse. It is all Bush's Fault.
I did not spend time at CF since the shit hit the fan back in 2007 and then DC in 2007/2008 .... Maybe I missed a lot of what was going on with Keisler ....

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click Here To Register...]
Old 01-30-2014, 01:06 AM
Germany | Crew Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrvette View Post
Quote:
Can somebody shine some light on why Keisler is a BS company? Maybe they got worse since I dealt with them in 2006???? Back then their TKO kit was $4200 which is about $800 more than the parts are if you piecemeal it together and buy stuff on sale here and there, shop Ebay etc ..... That's what you pay if you want a complete and well fitting kit from one supplier and all the parts at one time ....
When I bought their kit I was tired of mesding with that stuff and I just had that 383 built... I wanted to drive the car so I paid the premium price for their kit.
Take a look at the economy man, 06 was height of the housing bubble, people were building/fixing houses like MAD, now the only area that housing has not totally collapsed is in the grossly overpaid Wash DC/Maryland/NOVA region....the rest of the country is suffering.....and so is the demand for aftermarket conversions for old vettes/muscle cars.....I BET VBP sales are 1/2 today what they were in 06, certainly in quantity, and surely prices are UP too.....so looking at gross receipts meaningless in this case....

Housing is slowly going back up since 2012 .... 2008 was the worst, that's when I picked up my C6 vert for a good deal

Pretty much everything today is more expensive than 2006, i can't think of anything that cost the same, maybe bottled drinking water....
Old 01-30-2014, 01:09 AM

My Photos: (0)

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHAKERATTLEROLL View Post
Well I am not going to rehash everything for the previous years as there are lots of threads on the subject to be found even though savewave did remove a good many of them to help support Keister.

But you could ask a few of the 500+ that have recently lost out not to mention many of them that were told lies for the past year + that they would get there kits.

Almost forgot there most famous excuse. It is all Bush's Fault.
I did not spend time at CF since the shit hit the fan back in 2007 and then DC in 2007/2008 .... Maybe I missed a lot of what was going on with Keisler ....

Has it been that long already. WoW.

I have not really been on the forum itself much. Mainly just the pm function lol. But Keister promised everything under the sun but did not deliver. If you look at what they posted they blame everything and everyone for there downfall instead of where there downfall really lies. And that is with Shafti.

If you order a kit from Hurst Drive Line you will have the kit in a week or less. I do not know much about American Powertrain . But if you made a mistake and put in an order with Shafti Keister who knows when or if you would received the kit. And now never.

His adds are still up on many web sites. As he is now trying to sucker people in to invest in None Trade able stocks. WTF.
Old 01-30-2014, 02:17 AM
United States | Addict

Looks like I dodged a bullet here. Other than some not significant delays in delivery of both TKO600's, I got everything I wanted. I had a lot of discussions with their tech support due to (1) speedo cable where it turned out that I was wrong, (2) driveshaft didn't fit Toms Differential Pinion gear input...which they fixed at no charge. (they had to make a new driveshaft for me on their dime). The tech support people I had extended conversations with seemed to be very decent people.
Old 01-30-2014, 02:57 AM
Germany | Crew Chief

holy crap.... how can a company that had a decent product, nice guys, good customer service go downhill so bad ???? I guess only the boss-man knows.... LOL

Summit/Jegs sell the TKO for $2200, add the bellhousing, clutch, flywheel, pedals, driveshaft.... maybe $3200 total.... so a "COMPLETE" kit , a "one stop shop" that charges $4000 is really not all that bad, considering the convenience.... too bad in this market you run out of customers quickly.... it's not like somebody owns a 67 Corvette and buys two TKO conversion kits for it..... the market is saturated very quickly....
Old 01-31-2014, 05:03 AM
United States | Addict

Just to re:iterate a comment I made before. "The tech support people I had extended conversations with seemed to be very decent people." They were sincere and, ultimately effective, in helping me out with some of our integration problems. And if you read my posts, one problem was due to my negligence, not their shortcoming. The driveshaft problem...they have ownership on that one. If I had some more TKO600 trannies to buy, I'd gladly buy then from Keisler.

I really love to drive my 68 with it's Keisler TKO600 5 speed transmission. I's really made a different car out of it. The TKO600 is an easy sell for me. Previously I had a Richmond 5 speed in another car, and it was difficult to shift.

Last edited by 68/70Vette; 01-31-2014 at 05:08 AM..
Old 01-31-2014, 02:17 PM
United States | Phantom of the Opera

My Photos: (3)

My '72 was a Muncie car, and wanting an overdrive because of my move to Florida, noting the total difference in driving habits, Wash DC is gridlock may hit 80 mph for a mile or so, but between the nazis and the cars, well I did not need overdrive, looking at the cost of O/D stick shift transmissions, I gave up, and went for a 700 auto, worked ok, but it's a poor match to the car, went to a 200 that I built myself in the back room, works fine, good match....wish I did the 200 first off....trick IS the automatics were not only easier, but less than 1/3 the price.....

BTW, I built a 700 for a motor home project, shown on my sites below....it's fine also....cost only 1000 bux, installed by me, in place of a thm350, I fabbed up all the mounts and changed the drive shaft section out.....

Being a junkyard hotrodder, I am convinced there are many more sources for overdrive stick shift transmissions in the yards, so to buy one for like 500 bux, not 5000.....

Old 01-31-2014, 04:49 PM
Belgium | Addict

My Photos: (104)

Quote:
holy crap.... how can a company that had a decent product, nice guys, good customer service go downhill so bad ???? I guess only the boss-man knows.... LOL

Summit/Jegs sell the TKO for $2200, add the bellhousing, clutch, flywheel, pedals, driveshaft.... maybe $3200 total.... so a "COMPLETE" kit , a "one stop shop" that charges $4000 is really not all that bad, considering the convenience.... too bad in this market you run out of customers quickly.... it's not like somebody owns a 67 Corvette and buys two TKO conversion kits for it..... the market is saturated very quickly....
Yes, but it doesn't have the shifter kit to fit the C3.

Anyway this 5-speed conversion was on of the many things that was to follow, but not anymore I guess.
Old 01-31-2014, 04:50 PM
Belgium | Addict

My Photos: (104)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrvette View Post
Quote:

A lot of companies bit the dust, to name one : Crane.

Quality has gone down hill, prices up. Go figure.