polishing my 90 valve covers

Jeff, F body runners are smooth, they do not have the coarse texture, much easier to polish

Yeah I know, but TPI guys think they are worth a fortune. These are polishing out just sanding to 120 then polishing so it isn't going to take much work. I only have to polish the drivers side one because I have a polished one for the passenger side already.

The brackets for the a/c compressor for some reason have deep casting flaws so those may never get super shiny. I am going to send all my pullies off to be powdercoated though. I am curious though how hard it will be to polish the cylinder heads.

I also want to have my exhaust manifolds ceramic coated so they are shiny.

Played a little with my fuel rail today. Didn't sand at all just buffed.

Other side but this other side looked the same before.

fuelrail023_zpsaa5e6a9c.jpg

fuelrail022_zps06a4995e.jpg

Even the fuel lines will buff out easily

fuelrail024_zpsb5234851.jpg

I started polishing my a/c compressor bracket, thermostat cover, and a very small part on the cylinder head. This is going to take a great deal of work to get all this shined up but should look great when done.

moreshine003_zpsc48a24b9.jpg

moreshine004_zps3ca969bb.jpg

I did this small area on the head real quick and it shined right up. The heads will take a great deal of time to polish but being most of it is unseen perfection isn't necessary.

moreshine008_zpsb227df19.jpg

do you get bored easily skipping from part to part? ;)

You'll have a lot of polishing left to do to do it all...do the heads also ...and the tranny :D

do you get bored easily skipping from part to part? ;)

You'll have a lot of polishing left to do to do it all...do the heads also ...and the tranny :D

Yeah get bored, that is why I stopped doing the suspension for awhile. Will probably take me a easy year to get everything polished. But at least everything will look good for 1 day after it is done. Can't even imagine how hard it will be to keep everything shiny.

I now have the spare base manifold down to almost a machined look. My polishing stuff will easily remove these fine scratches. This would also make for a great surface for a smooth powder coat as well.

I still have a few areas that need hand sanding but the better majority of this manifold won't show when everything is in place.

tpimanifold3006_zps9aed7e4c.jpg

tpimanifold3003_zps917c75b4.jpg

tpimanifold3001_zps70e0d972.jpg

tpimanifold3005_zps0f025802.jpg

I started on my drivers side runner today. They are hard to do but luckily I only have to polish this one since I have a polished passenger sde one already.

Breaking down the coarse texture on the runner can be hard don't expect to finish in 15 minutes haha. I thinink on the smoother F-body runners aside from sanding the flanges the buffer could easily shine the rest of them up.

Anyways here is after about a 45 minutes of sanding

before

tpiengine005_zps67c5b35d.jpg

after, still will take a lot more sanding

runner3001_zpsf3b12ac9.jpg

I am also doing my original valve covers. The one I polished had been chemically stripped and it won't stay shiny for whatever reason. Here is the start of sanding on this cover, it only has a few blemishes that I may not be able to get out.

VC001_zps9a11420e.jpg

Still a lot of sanding to do, however it is shaping up and should be nice when done. Some areas won't be finely done since they are not visible but will polish it all so it at least shines.

manifold5002_zps38440de6.jpg

manifold5003_zps86c3bdd5.jpg

manifold5001_zps698b9917.jpg

I did some degreasing on my rearend today, almost looks like it might have been rebuilt since the seals look new. I still have to clean more to get the rest of the grease.

cleanrear001_zpsfd663792.jpg

cleanrear002_zps8331a519.jpg

cleanrear004_zps307a8cb2.jpg

cleanrear005_zps7f59d4e8.jpg

I still have a lot of finishing sanding before this TPI system is polished, but it so far is coming out pretty nice. Today I will be getting my 82 vette out of storage and will be starting the suspension graft, after the suspension is in I will finish polishing everything and install it on my car.

I am going to use the suspension parts from my cut up 90 vette just to set everything up and after that is done I will put my polished suspension parts on it.

Nothing beats a polished TPI system, wish I could run a manifold for higher RPM but California won't let me so this 90 L-98 will remain stock just nicely detailed.

againtpi010_zps12c23a77.jpg

againtpi009_zps30a8089f.jpg

againtpi007_zps12bf6fa3.jpg

againtpi006_zps79e7f07b.jpg

againtpi005_zps0be8b772.jpg

againtpi004_zps70ba44fd.jpg

againtpi003_zpsabc63fd7.jpg

againtpi002_zpsdc5c4c6b.jpg

I am still working on all this polishing. I sold the dana36 rear end so dont expect that to be polished.

I found a nice dana44 batwing on CF for 150.00 and a zf4 C beam for 50.00 so when the rear suspension is all polished it will be dana44.

haven't had time to polish much since it has been to dam hot out but will begin again when it cools down.