82 Corvette Twin Turbo 6 speed

Twin_Turbo

Der Maulwurf
This is my project, has been for...ages now... LOL :blush:

Haven't worked on it in over half a year but this is the last "status" of the build.

It's all custom built, suspension, steering, roll cage, braking system, fuel system, 5 stage dry sump and so on.

I'll keep updating this as I go (should be sometime soon, hopefully)

2wgf49w.jpg

2q0vukk.jpg

24w7wjp.jpg

4ot3afs.jpg

6b1i895.jpg

6c58i7n.jpg

503xmzb.jpg

glad to know I'm not the only one that hasn't worked on their car this year.:) Although I did move it to the other side of the garage:D

my all time favorite !!!

it really takes some serious ballz to do this. Except the rear glass, is there going to be a single OEM part on this car when you're done ???

:D:D

my all time favorite !!!

it really takes some serious ballz to do this. Except the rear glass, is there going to be a single OEM part on this car when you're done ???

HUMpfh the only things about that car remotly stock is the overall shape, and the nameplate, and I ain't seen THAT yet either....

Bald tires

Hey TT, looks like you need new tires there...those are BALD!!:yahoo:
(Yeah, I know, their racing T/A's) What's with the 1/2 year off? Did you get burned out for a while? It can happen with projects as large as yours, (and mine), plus LIFE keeps getting in the way of our play time!
I'll go ahead and post some build photos of mine too.
Thanks again for inviting me over! Glenn "Mr. Blue" Smith, (Daytona Beach area. Florida)

Been working on Xanders (v-twin) 77 (what he calls pro touring) so that's where most of the time went.

Update?

Just which of us do you need an update on?
In case it's what's happening lately to me and LOVE IS BLUE;
LOVE is over in Tampa area @ American Super Cars for some minor repairs to the fiberglass. Seems I drove it off the front of my trailer a few months ago @ Old Town in Kissimmie FL, and the body dropped down over the front onto the trailer with the body stopping the fall, breaking the nose and fenders. :crap:
It's will be getting a total repaint by Phil, but basicly the same layout and colors as before when the repairs are completed.
When I painted her in 2005, I realized I was just getting too old to keep doing this, so this time I finally farmed out the work to some great people.
They built that wild black '63 rear engine "V7 Twin Turbo" that won GM's Design In Excellence Award @ SEMA last year, so their work is up to my standards for sure.
Here are a few recent photos of Phil Somers doing the 'glass repairs to LOVE @ his shop in Spring Hills, FL.
100_5569.jpg
100_5584.jpg
43012-Jan192009-Fenderglassedbackto.jpg
The V7 Twin Turbo 1963 Vette built by ASC in shop with LOVE.
42900-Dec022008-ThetwinTurbo63Vette.jpg
43001-Jan072009-LoveTwinTurboASCfor.jpg
ii_11-2.jpg
Oh, I was also in the latest issue of Chevy Hi Performance (March 2009 issue). Nice 2 page color shot and article.
43009-Jan102009-ChevyHiPerformanceM.jpg
43009-Jan102009-ChevyHiPerforman-1.jpg
That's all for me so far this year. Sure miss the thrill of mashing the loud peddle lately though! Glenn

Oooh-man...Glenn, I didn't know you had damaged 'Blue." I saw 'Blue" in CHP and thought all was well. I'm glad she is in good hands and will be back in action soon. She has tested your endurance over the years and you seem to come back stronger for your trouble. Best of luck with the latest hurdle!:1st:

Glenn, I thought you sold the car and had to do the repairs before the new owner would take possession???

TT, what you have done to your car fascinates me. With your birdcage integrated into the overall structure, how are you planning to mount the body? Will you bond the fiberglass to the birdcage later, or be using all fasteners for total removal?:cool:

my all time favorite !!!

Thanks for the encouragement.
Just got out of the hospital after 3 days of test about the heart. Seem to be OK for another round with LOVE. That thing is killing me I think!
Hey Gene, you are sure one to talk about STOCK!!:bounce:
Hope to run into you guys some day again this year somewhere in our travels. Had a great lunch in Daytona with you all last year. Glenn