new toy

AJ77

6474cdfe8bdc13f1.jpg6474cdfe8ba8df3a.jpg
IMG   Here's my new toy. I love it!

Last edited:
Many happy miles man, have fun, nice car, must be the wife's :drink::drink::bestwishes:

Certainly a great looking Corvette:photo::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

awesome color, that's pewter ?? 6spd or auto ?
It's a 6 speed with just about all available options. Only had 8536 miles on it when I picked it up.

sweet.... the 6spd is so much more fun than the auto tranny. I've had a Z28 with auto for a few years, then got a C6 convertible with a 6sp. Unless it's a SUV or a station wagon I won't ever have a auto trans car again.. :lol:

Does yours have the CDGS "computer dictated gear selection" or CAGS as GM calls it "computer assisted".... ????
It's probably the most annoying feature the C5/C6 have... the inexpensive (used) handheld "Predator" can turn it off and the dash light will NOT come on.... $200 well spent :thumbs:

Another small piece of advice: buy lots of leather conditioner for the seats. My "leather" is already starting to crack after only less than 4 yrs.... the so called "leather" is garbage, if you keep moisturizing it it will hopefully last longer...

That's exactly what it isn't!!!! :clap:

YOU had to ask permission to type that!!!

:gurney::drink::trumpet:

Ask permission from who????

The one in the kitchen fixing din din so you can wash dishes....

you know, the sort one with the high pitched voice....

sorta got a smile, and tolerates your shit.....

Maybe you didn't see my thread titled "Life Sucks". She walked out the door out of the blue on Sept. 2nd and filed for divorce!

Mybad79----It does have that "feature". Sucks!! I have already ordered a jumper from Mid America for $18.00 that disables that and doesn't set a code. Also, I have the same seats in my 77 and condition them regularly.

Hey, that "jumper" will not turn off the 1-4 light on the dash but the programmer does. The little handheld also allows you to adjust fan temperature and other fun stuff :D

I also have C6 seats in my 79, I'm sure quality has not improved over the C5 seats but the seatback is cloth, probably saved them a few pennies..... Yours is leather ? I use a lot of conditioner....

I'm sure I can go to my tuner and get him to get rid of that light in the dash if the jumper doesn't. Yea, my seats in both cars are all leather. I use olenty of conditioner on them. Art

If you're using a tuner that will take care of it... the tuner can disable the CAGS and it will turn off the light as well. You don't need the harniss adapter then... save your money.... :thumbs:

Too late- It's being delivered Fed-Ex tomorrow. Crap! Oh well, I figure I spend $20.00 just opening my eyes in the morning.