My Race Car (split off thread)

J. Abbott

Here is the view of the C6. It is on the way back to the house for body removal. From there I am shipping to Kooks for the rest of the exhaust to be fabbed up and then wiring. Hopefully all of the convincing and pleading to the wife a full race season next year.
IMG_0853.jpg
[/IMG]
IMG_0852.jpg
[/IMG]

:thumbs::thumbs::smash:

I wanna test drive....just around the block, I promise.....:clap:

:thumbs::thumbs::smash:

I wanna test drive....just around the block, I promise.....:clap:

Drop off a check for 130k and you can drive it how ever you like.:clap:

Everytime I see it out of the trailer I get excited by it all over again. Hopefully it will be finished in the next couple of month. I am debating about not installing the wing so I least can get some passes on the street near our house. The decals don't help but the wing would be a dead giveaway that this car is not street legal.

Actually ZIP sponsors several cars. If you look in my profile you will see how I scored it. This car replaced a C5 race car, this is my extended office I use for testing parts we make.
Justin

Ok, it has gone forward some, but it looks like it has gone backwards in progress. I had to take the body off in order to get some line run. Here is what it looks like as of today.
IMG_4129.jpg
[/IMG]

Here it is in Chicago with the cage work just finished. This is the only part of the car I have not done. I bought the tubing bender and notcher and was going to do it. Just not enough time, after about 6 months of the stuff sitting there I decided to send it up to one of my buddies places. I dropped it off in Nov and picked up in Spring. I think I still would not have started on it by then.
100_1956.jpg
[/IMG]

I had to sell this after I spent a couple of years building it. I like to say my wife made me but, I just like to blame her for it. Especially when I am thinking about buying something else. This car was way to loud and fast, it made 650 ish HP depending on what dyno it was. This car was a 86 that I converted over to a ZF6spd and it was really nasty. It had custom 3" exhaust with hand built stainless mufflers. I would get in trouble by my wife in the morning because when my oldest was a baby it would wake him up. I only put about 1200 miles or maybe less on it. It was my first really really fast Vette. Actaully maybe the fastest that I have ever owned. I used to have a drag bike that was 1200cc KZ Kawasaki (900) bored out. It was built by some place up in MD and I think this car would have taken it with some decent tires. It had 315 BFG's at it would spin them at will at pretty much any speed. During tuning it actually broke the tires loose at about a 100 on a downshift. I think the real reason I got rid of it was fear of being arrested in it. I was like a little kid evertime I drove it and new it was only time. So I got a ton of money for it and it went to someone who is getting in allot of trouble with it. I do miss her though.

Last edited:
I don't have a link to all of my photos. I don't mind posting some more. This car does not have track photos though as it is a new car.

You can simply upload your pics on VM and use the supplied img code to post them. You'll have your own "photobucket" like photo album. By default the pics are public for everyone to see (can be set to private)