A dream finally come true!

Yes, it's a dyno in development, no useful data yet.

But this is your thread! Let's see some more pics of that awesome lathe in the background;-))

I will be back home tomorrow and I'll see if I can get som photos of it. It is a really old machine, late 1940:s and it is showing some age now. But, it is good enough for me.
I also have a few machines for sheet metal forming that might be of interest. Nothing fancy, just old, sturdy and well built equipment from the era when quality was the main focus...

Yes, it's a dyno in development, no useful data yet.

But this is your thread! Let's see some more pics of that awesome lathe in the background;-))

I will be back home tomorrow and I'll see if I can get som photos of it. It is a really old machine, late 1940:s and it is showing some age now. But, it is good enough for me.
I also have a few machines for sheet metal forming that might be of interest. Nothing fancy, just old, sturdy and well built equipment from the era when quality was the main focus...

Eh, had to get a couple of caps, for some French Doors I replaced in back of a house not long ago....had to cut the tops off the doors, because construction 'standards' have changed, and to special order the doors to size would be over 600 bux.....so we went to Habitat/Humanity...and bought a new set of doors for only 150 bux out the door....plus the sheet metal caps I had to have cut/bent to specific size for the sealing of the door tops....

the additional labor is not much, just maybe 5000 bux.....:club:;)

A few photos of my Lathe.
It is an old Swedish machine manufactured by Aros in the city of Vasteras, in the middle part of Sweden.
It is an old machine,late 1940:s. The swing is 8" and it got an 5.5kW motor.

187752239f237f78c.jpg

This shows all the possible settings for speed and feed. It has a lot of combinations.

187752239f23bb88c.jpg

Last edited:
The drilling machine, also a design that is old, but sturdy. You can drill up to Ø35mm in this. It has automatic feed that can be changed to 3 settings.

187752239f23f1f68.jpg

Last edited:
Finally the sheet metal machines. The "english wheel" that is used to shape metal in 3 dimensions. Built by me using scrap parts...works fine but takes a lot of practice to get used to.

187752239f242f612.jpg
187752239f2461af9.jpg

The zig machine (acc to google translate) used to produce reinforcement patterns in sheet metal. Very old unit, probably 1920-1940.

187752239f24904bd.jpg

The round bending machine. Pre 1954, when the present company BACHO was named B.A Hjort & CO, the inventors of the adjustable wrench.

187752239f24beaee.jpg

Finally a bending machine built by me, also using scrap parts lying around in my workshop.

187752239f24ee873.jpg

Work on the mill is continuing with thorough cleaning. A really satisfying job!
Had to test fit the large milling head used for cutting down engine heads:bounce:

187752239f252bf30.jpg

Someone arrest that man, he has more toys than the law allows.....

:yahoo::flash:

The zig machine (acc to google translate) used to produce reinforcement patterns in sheet metal. Very old unit, probably 1920-1940.

187752239f24904bd.jpg

Generally called a "bead roller" in the US.

I'm in awe of your garage!

Thanks for enlighten me! Google translate do have problems when it comes down to more technical terms...
Is there a better word for the round bending/bending machine as well?