q drill (.332)

Twin_Turbo

Der Maulwurf
Anyone know where to get one of those quickly? I need to drill a hole that size to tap for 3/8-24 thread and of course I can't get them here. Needs to be that size, it's for a brake setup so I don't want to half ass it with a metric 8.5mm bit (which is .3347)

I am a mold maker and a 8.5 will be fine. That small of a difference is not going to do nothing.

Danny

I'm a mold maker too and :withstupid:. That's only .0027" difference on the diameter or .0013"/side. Human hair or a sheet of paper is about .003" for reference.

Hey Danny, hopefully you aren't involved in automotive. Mold shops around here that are, have people laid off right now.

Tap drills are spec'd @ 85% thread engagement. I'm guessing that the difference is only a few percent with the 8.5mm.

TT, and ALL you ALL, not going to believe this....

this afternoon, I was trying to fix some botched up bubba'd out holes on a 94 Dodge truck for my stepson.....same thing, same exact size....a Q drill bit....

but it didn't matter the steel is too much work hardened, if not delibarate....

we need a new converter.......:hissyfit:

freeking A518 4 speed auto lockup '94 Dodge 318 DPFI 3/4 ton van Ram250....

apparently that converter is rare as hens teeth....

:shocking::hissyfit::censored:

Great find! *clicks buy it now* :D

I searched for everything but 8.4 bohrer LOL

That's the great thing about the metric system - drill bits come in 0.1mm increments, that's .0039" so you can match pretty much "match" every drill bit :D

I just bought a 39/64" drill bit for the 5/8" wheel studs - even here in the US that one was hard to find ...

That's the great thing about the metric system - drill bits come in 0.1mm increments, that's .0039" so you can match pretty much "match" every drill bit :D

I just bought a 39/64" drill bit for the 5/8" wheel studs - even here in the US that one was hard to find ...

29,000 bits in the box, and always the correct size is broken.....

like taking 50 wrenches to do the damn job, go back to the box for the ONE you left behind.....every time....

where does the bolt/part land?? where else?? directly under the car....

what is the part MADE OF when it lands there??? Aluminum, of course....

why?? because no magnet works to fetch it....

on your knees into the greez.....

:crap:

I'm a mold maker too and :withstupid:. That's only .0027" difference on the diameter or .0013"/side. Human hair or a sheet of paper is about .003" for reference.

Hey Danny, hopefully you aren't involved in automotive. Mold shops around here that are, have people laid off right now.

No, I work for a medical supplier.

Danny

Last edited:

If you are going to drill with a hand drill, I can guarantee that hole is going to bigger by .005 of the drill you are using which still won't mean nothing.

Danny

Drill press, and yes, because the hole will always turn out a little bigger even when doing it in a drill press (a spindle is a clumsily large part to clamp down) I didn't want to use the 8.5mm bit because that one is already a tad too large.