Need help

Ok...he told me $10,000 OBO. I told him I didn't feel it was worth near that in the condition and NOM. He then said around $7500. He isn't advertising it so I don't know if he is just fishing. He is within 1.5 hours from me and offered to show it to me. No, it is not running. That is why I wanted the experts opinion here. He said it hasn't been driven since 1987 and still has that sticker on the tag. I figured a good candidate for another resto-mod but needed an idea to offer him...any more opinions?

Tell him it MIGHT have been worth that before he tossed it outside to rot. It's now a pile of rubble, and you'll give him $2,000. If not, run, don't walk, run away.

Ok...he told me $10,000 OBO. I told him I didn't feel it was worth near that in the condition and NOM. He then said around $7500. He isn't advertising it so I don't know if he is just fishing. He is within 1.5 hours from me and offered to show it to me. No, it is not running. That is why I wanted the experts opinion here. He said it hasn't been driven since 1987 and still has that sticker on the tag. I figured a good candidate for another resto-mod but needed an idea to offer him...any more opinions?

Tell him it MIGHT have been worth that before he tossed it outside to rot. It's now a pile of rubble, and you'll give him $2,000. If not, run, don't walk, run away.

He won't get 1k for that rotting plie of shit.:tomato:

I'd give him 4K for it, frame looks solid, as does the birdcage. It's a vert afterall. If I were building that car, 90% of it would end up with the trash anyway.

Why would you pay 4k for something that 90% of it goes to the trash? Too risky:smash:

The only way he's going to get 10k for that car is if he has it insured for that much and then takes a gas can and a lighter to it.:rofl:

I don't know what this dude is taking but like the Rev. Jim used to say on the TV show Taxi, "the line forms behind me".

Yep...he's nuts. After I made an offer...he said his wife and him talked about it and decided to keep it since it was owned (trashed in my opinion) by a family member. I told him that was probably a good idea:suicide:

It's a damn shame that anybody would put a car like that out to rot especially with the rag top. Probably the only thing left on that car thats worth anything is, I cant think of anything worth salvaging on a car that has sat in the weather for about 20 years.

Yep...he's nuts. After I made an offer...he said his wife and him talked about it and decided to keep it since it was owned (trashed in my opinion) by a family member. I told him that was probably a good idea:suicide:

So what was your offer???

$750-$1000. That's pretty much a frame-off resto you're looking at.
And that's from somebody new to the 'Vette world.....me :withstupid: