List of Tech Articles Available from Lars

lars

Tuning for Beer World Tour
Over the years, I've written and published a few "how-to" tech articles that have been floating around the Internet in various forms. Most of the articles on the 'net are not kept up-to-date, and many are several years obsolete. The best way to get the most recent revisions to the articles is to e-mail me directly. I can also answer any questions you may have regarding the information presented in the various articles.

The following is a complete listing of the articles I have available at this time. If you want a copy, just drop me an e-mail request. Keep in mind that I'm an old guy, so I'm on dial-up... if you request "all of the articles" for whatever reason, it will take me at least an hour to get them out to you, so whittle your request down to the articles you actually have an interest in.

To request articles, just drop me an e-mail to:

[email protected]

Lars

The following Tech Papers are available in MS Word format:
(NOTE: Articles vary in size from 50K to 1,500K in size. Normally, only 3 articles can be sent per e-mail. Keep this in mind when requesting "all of the articles"….)

How to Rebuild your Alternator (Rev. B)
BG Carb Installation (Rev. B)
BG Carb Setup (Rev. B)
How to Replace your C4 Brakes (Rev. A)
How to Install your Distributor (Rev. D)
HEI Ignition System Primers (Rev. New)
How to Tune Your Holley (Rev. B)
Holley Street Avenger Stumble Fix (Rev. New)
How to Build a Fuel Line (Rev. G)
How to Rebuild your Front End (C2 & C3) (Rev. New)
How to Set Up Corvette IRS Rear Camber (basic do-at-home version) (Rev. C)
How to Set Your Ignition Timing (Rev. G)
How to Refinish & Repair Interior Plastic Pieces (Rev. New)
Handy Paint Mixing Formulas for Restorers (Rev. B)
Corvette Body & Paint Basics (applicable to steel cars, too) (Rev. C)
Q-Jet Problems I Have Seen (Rev. G)
Q-Jet Base Gasket Info
How to Tune a Q-Jet (Rev. AM)
How to remove & Clean your C4 Radiator (Rev. C)
How to Repair Rubber Bumpers (Rev. A)
How to Replace Your Timing Chain (C4 specific, but applicable to any Chevy) (Rev. B)
How to Determine Top Dead Center (Rev. A)
How to Adjust Your TPS and Idle Speed, Early C4 (Rev. B)
Vacuum Advance Control Units Facts and Specs (Rev. M)
Engine Vacuum Explained (Rev. New)
How to Adjust Your Hydraulic Lifters (Rev. A)

Dial-Up? What's that? I thought that dial-up went out with Q-jets.
Jim

What.... Q-Jets went out? What could possibly replace a Q-Jet..??:eek:
Next thing you're going to tell me is that Saginaw steering boxes are out. Hah! That would be the day!

Last edited:
Dial-Up? What's that? I thought that dial-up went out with Q-jets.
Jim

ANOTHER antiquated olde phardt!!! Hey guys....Jim Shea.....

Welcome to the motley crew of the Flying Dutchmen.....you two guys are head navigation wizards....

:smash::trumpet::trumpet:

This is a generous offer especially on dialup lol. I dropped you a mail bud.
thanks for the offer :)

Jim Shea, that's me. Currently Vette-less. Sold my 75 Vert just before Christmas.
Jim

Jim Shea, that's me. Currently Vette-less. Sold my 75 Vert just before Christmas.
Jim

AWW damn ....shame, hope you can get another one soon enough, drop top too....:loveletter: any plans that a way?? new ZO6??

:bestwishes:

Wow, who called in all the old pharts? :D

Lars, there are 15 of your articles in the tech database here, I see you have many more. If I have the other ones I will add those too, that should ease up on your dial up/email sending.

Jim, you have a bunch of papers too but I don't think I have any of them anymore. Can you tell me how many you have?

BTW, welcome guys :D

I didnt want to clog up your email any more so will say my thank you here. I got the papers and will be putting them to good use this weekend. Thanks Lars

Hey, Lars

I was surfing Ebay yesterday (so shoot me!) and I saw your name used in conjunction with a distributor for sale. It said something to the effect of "rebuilt by the world famous Lars". Pretty cool, but are you getting royalties?

temvette72:drink:

Lars,

These are all your papers we have here in the Tech section, can you send me the missing ones? I'll post them, that way you won't have to email them to everyone (remember reading you are on dial up?)

Lars' Papers: How to Tune a Holley Carburetor (basic)
Lars' Papers: How to Resolve Holley Street Avenger Stumble Issues
Lars' Papers: BG Carb Installation
Lars' Papers: How to Set Up a BG Speed Demon (Basic)
Lars' Papers: How to Repair & Rebuild your Alternator
Lars' Papers: Carburetor Vacuum Ports: Manifold, Ported and Venturi Vacuum Explained
Lars' Papers: Distributor Vacuum Advance Control units
Lars' Papers: How to Determine Top Dead Center
Lars' Papers: How to Install your Chevy Distributor
Lars' Papers: How to Set Your Timing for Peak Performance
Lars' Papers: A HEI Ignition & Timing Primer
Lars' Papers: How to Adjust a Q-Jet Power Piston
Lars' Papers: How to Set Up a Q-Jet Choke
Lars' Papers: How to Tune a Q-Jet (basic)
Lars' Papers: Q-Jet Problems I have Seen

Thanks a lot fo all you work Lars.
Been reading about you for a while now all over the net.

Lars,
These are all your papers we have here in the Tech section, can you send me the missing ones?

Twin -
Do me a favor - If you would, send me an e-mail with a request for the "Tech Article Listing." This list shows all available papers with their current revision levels. You can then compare the list and the revision of the paper to what you have on file. If you don't have the current rev, send me a note back with the papers you need to bring your list up to the current configuration and I'll send you those papers:

[email protected]

Lars