Caliper pistons

The Artist formerly known as Turbo84
Clinging to my guns and religion in KCMO.
I was digging through a box of brake/suspension parts and found a bunch of caliper pistons. They're PN 5463823 (179-414) and 5469592 (179-415). They look like the old J-56 type pistons, but I haven't been able to find anything on the web using these part numbers. Anybody recognize these numbers?

Thanks,
Mike

I was digging through a box of brake/suspension parts and found a bunch of caliper pistons. They're PN 5463823 (179-414) and 5469592 (179-415). They look like the old J-56 type pistons, but I haven't been able to find anything on the web using these part numbers. Anybody recognize these numbers?

Thanks,
Mike

#823 are J-56 fronts and #592 are J-56 rears, listed as 68-74 HD/brakes...are they new used and are they for sale?

They're NOS in the box(es). I'm just doing a periodic cleaning of the garage, and figuring out what I've got and what I won't need for the '69, given that I've put a C4 suspension w/Wilwoods on the spare frame. I'm still digging through stuff, so I haven't gotten to the point of thinking about what to keep and what to sell.

well if the time comes to sell them I could use some spares.....

Well, I've got nine of the rears, and eight of the fronts, so I suppose eventually I'd like to find someone who's doing a conversion or needs a whole bunch of spares.

give me a number, If I like the number I will take them all and pay you any way you want to be paid.....

Hi

What is special to this pistons ?
I guess they use the original lip seals ?
Do they have any heat insulation or so ?

I still have a set of early 68 J56 bracket castings that strengthen up the front caliper attachment.They could be reproductions, don't know. Did not get to install them yet.

Rgds. Günther

Hi

What is special to this pistons ?
I guess they use the original lip seals ?
Do they have any heat insulation or so ?

I still have a set of early 68 J56 bracket castings that strengthen up the front caliper attachment.They could be reproductions, don't know. Did not get to install them yet.

Rgds. Günther

It is the insulator thats special, you can reproduce the piston by cutting down a std piston in a lathe, then drilling and tapping a hole in the center. post a pic of the brackets and someone might be able to tell you if they are original or repops.....