Parking Brake ???

gr8vet

Finally took the time to fix the parking brake cable that was broken from previous owner on the 82, not sure how long it has been broken (probably several years). I can pull up on brake handle but it appears that things are frozen.

Can anything be done without getting into the hubs?

Can something be done with just drilling out the rivets and removing hub?

I understand that this is a major PITA to rebuild and plans are to have the TA redone very soon.

Swapping out the tranny to a manual, well, now a parking brake is a good thing.

Thanks

tt

You drill out the rivets and remove the rotor to replace the parking brake hardware/shoes.

If your going to do the trailing arms soon, wait and do it then, it'll be easier.

You drill out the rivets and remove the rotor to replace the parking brake hardware/shoes.

If your going to do the trailing arms soon, wait and do it then, it'll be easier.

But forget about any ~5" diameter drum/shoes will be able to hold a damn thing on any incline greater than what you need a surveyors gear to see....

serious...

:crap:

But forget about any ~5" diameter drum/shoes will be able to hold a damn thing on any incline greater than what you need a surveyors gear to see....

serious...

:crap:

Although I admit mine aren't the best, I have to believe it can be done. It should be enough to lock up the hub.(At least statically)

My drive has a heck of an incline as you can tell from the many pic's i have posted,and my park brake holds my car no problem,if you rebuild them and do it right they will work,I know 2 other friends of mine and their Park brakes work very well on their vettes also.