Aftermarket gauges in stock like panel?

pcf_mark

Anyone want to share their solutions for fitting aftermarket 4" or 5" electronic speedo and tach into the existing panel? How about the small gauges? I am replacing this rat's nest of semi accurate gauges now that my six speed uses electronic output! The center console is going too - the ONLY reason for the height and width of that is to house the climate control mechanism. I think I can beat that too.

Thanks for your ideas!

Mark

'68 for me but any 68-82 idea would probably be workable. Thanks!

Hmmm. So this lets you slide the 5" Auto-Meter gauge in from the back? Once you remove the old gauge and lense this lets you bolt in? It has been a few years that I had these out but isn't the gauge part of the cone? This sounds easier than the wiring part of the task!

Anyone else have any solutions they want to share?

Last edited:
The autometer guage slides in from the front and is secured on the back with the stock autometer U shaped bracket. The template for the ring takes the place of the stock gauge face plate.

This is all completely bolt in, all you need is those 2 adapter rings.

The 4 small holes we used for Leds, they are not needed for the gauges but you will not have left/right idicators, a high beam indicator and what else is there.

Thanks again. This looks like the winner for the main gauges.

the small gauges in the center console can be replaced with the 2" autometer gauges, they just go in from the front, the original holes may need a bit of sanding but it's alsmost a drop in deal, check the 77 pro touring thread by my brother in the projects section, he has replaced all his gauges with autometer gauges

Here is what they look like. The 2" gauges just fit the stock holes as TT said. The Speedo and Tach are mounted on a flat piece of .040 aluminum that is secured to the original screw holes just as the factory gauges were.

Gauges.jpg

Gauges1.jpg