Opinions on a Solid Roller cam in a daily driver

The SR is good for higher rpm use than a HR. HR are good for 6000rpm easy, probably more like 6500
If you're not spending much time above 6000 rpm then this is (for me) reason enough to use a HR.
With the longer duration of the SR you'll more than likely loose low end power and shift the power band to a higher rpm range as compared to a HR with less duration.
If it's the rough idle sound that you like then look into the Thumper cams, might be a good choice....
I'm not saying that SR is a waste of money but I'm convinced it's not the best choice if it's for a street engine that rarely sees 6000rpm. For an engine that can hold up to 7500rpm and is run on the track the solid lifters are a better choice....IMO....
If you simply WANT a SR cam then why not ....

False alarm...I think.
I'm getting stressed out by the engine not being ready yet and the cost with nothing to show for it but a stack of parts.
Spend some time on the internet again, NastyZ28 Forum, Chevelle forum, Camaros.net. yellowbullet.com and so on.
Half of them run solid rollers on the street. I am convinced again that I can make it live. What's up with these speeds shops...... either I'm not part of the in crowd or I just look like a moron.
So SR it is, found this one:
http://www.lunatipower.com/Product.aspx?id=1992&gid=290
Slightly more on the exhaust then the Howards mentioned earlier in this thread.
If I can only gets the heads I can be on my way.