ffffffffffffffffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!!!!

Twin_Turbo

Der Maulwurf
engine suddenly makes horrible noises... uh oh!!!

clearly from pass side valve cover, pull cover... UH OH!!! I see a rocker riding a spring and no retainer... wtf??? didn't take a pic. Pulled off rocker.. oh no!!!

24f809649ce1bc.jpg

24f80964a8de74.jpg

24f80964b3aa79.jpg

hey, I can still see the valve stem, pulled it up..hmm, goes up to almost where it has to go, maybe not terminal damage after all. Plug looks good too, not chewed up from debris bounding around. Oil was good, coolant too...good oil pressure.

tinker tinker tinker...pull head

24f89ca5ca7587.jpg

24f89ca5e37fde.jpg

24f89ca5ed79f2.jpg

24f89ca5f8da30.jpg

Damned gm lt4 hotcam junk, I knew it was set up for lightweight lt4 valves, installed stiffer valve springs but it looks like the valve still floated (stock lt4 junk only has about .035 to bind w/ 1.6 rockers), all installed heights are spot on, I mic-ed it..I always do. The spring and everything were still where they belonged, just the spring retainer was gone and the locks and debris lying in the head. Still a crappy situation but not as bad as it could have been. Only issue is the marks on the piston and the scratch in the wall. I'll probaly smooth out the piston and will take the scratch for granted. Will not run these retainers again, going to use the normal thicker ones.

Wow! Looks like you dodged a bullet Amigo!

I don't know the details of the parts you mention but I know what a dropped valve can do. Thankfuly it looks straight and didn't puncture any pistons!

Damn, Marck. Looks like you almost dodged the bullet, just a little grazed. Maybe an opportunity to upgrade just a bit. ;)

Which one of you was drunk? that valve or YOU for holding the camera???

someone's leaning a bit.....:crap::thumbs:

Somedays peanuts, somedays shells. Today you got the peanuts. Clean living does it everytime. (almost)

Gonna drop a diff set of heads on there, have a pair of trick flow 195 kenny duttweiler heads with the cnc treatment and .600 lift dual springs. I gonna pull these heads apart and install new hardware on them and check out the guide and seat although the guide is still nice and tight and a spare valve doesn't bind, gonna lap a new valve in there and see if it leaks

tossed all of the GM retainers in a bin

Only downside to swapping both heads is I have to pull the entire supercharger setup that's on the engine, lots o fun ahead