Differences between C5 and C6?

The Artist formerly known as Turbo84
Clinging to my guns and religion in KCMO.
I don't keep up on the details of the newer Corvettes (I don't have the time or money), but other than styling it's hard to tell the (technical) difference between them. Can anybody give me the Cliff notes version of what's different between these two series?

Thanks,
Mike

suspension wise? A lot is similar but there are differences, wheel base is not the same, the 6 is a tighter package, the wheels are closer to the corners of the car. I think the windshield angle is different too.

The C6 is stiffer and there are some small differences in suspension components but that's probably it.

Driving both cars the bigger difference you can feel is the quality of the frame!
Of course a stiffer frame make possible to use firmer shocks and springs..... in other words.....

a totally different car!

Talking about handling, of course!

Actually the frames are almost the exact same. The wheel base is different but it was done in the rear suspension. There are not that many difference in the driveline of a C5 vs. a C6. The longer wheel base does make a difference in the way the car rides though, they do seem to ride better. Although I think it depends on what you are comparing, if you compare a 60,000 mile C5 to a new C6, then hands down the C6 is going to win. A new C5 ride really well also, the biggest issue is tire noise, if you put a set of PS2's on a C5 they tend to ride really well in stock form. If the car has been lowered you can forget about it. The stock shocks are too long in the cars to begin with, so when you lower them even an inch you end up riding on the bump stop which makes for a very hard ride.
I recently had a customer with a 89 that only had 1800 miles on it and I forgot how great those cars were when they were new. I am a big fan of the C4, I had forgotten how nice they were when they were not ragged out or modified.
On a side not a customer just came in here the other day with a 84 that had 200 miles on it. Yes not a typo it had 200 miles, he had just purchased it and it had 107 when it was delivered to him. He is going to drive it I believe, but wow, I can't think of the last time I saw an 84 that was clean and all of the interior fit properly.
Justin

Not to familiar with differences. Did the C5's have a 6 speed automatic transmissions? I think the C6 LS3 engine is an evolutionary upgrade. Did the C5 have the expensive all leather interior option? I think for the C6 it's called the 4LT interior option (at about $6000 over base price in 2008..maybe more now). I think the exhaust cut-out option is also new with the C6.

first time open headlights since ? 1963 ???

supposed to be better quality interior: now if this is "better" I don't want to know how shitty the C5 is....

GM seems to have a new "lock out" version of exterior door handles introduced with the 2005 model year C6..... numerous times I was close to loosing my temper.... these stupid door locks seem to not work when it rains..... so yes, you can't open the stupid door .... because stupid GM cheap ass junk electronics don't work..... :cussing::cussing::cussing:

other than that.... it's ridiculously fast, the 6spd is awesome (needs a tune or a Predator to eliminate the 1-4 skip shift) - it looks great and it's fast (did I mention this ??)