C5 and C6 parts galore!

The Artist formerly known as Turbo84
Clinging to my guns and religion in KCMO.
Was at an Orlando swap meet today sponsored by a Corvette organization whose name shall not be spoken, and there was tons of used C5 and C6 parts there. Apparently there's a lot of well-heeled types who can't drive buying these cars. I saw all the suspensions and stuff, and thought to myself that if I had to do it over again (on my '69), I'd put a C5/C6 suspension up front rather than the C4 stuff. I could have saved myself a lot of fabrication time by just narrowing the aluminum front crossmember rather than welding up my own. Oh well.
Curious, Why are the upper balljoints reversed on the C5/C6 suspension? (The balljoints are on the knuckle, rather than the upper A-arm.)

Just curious, what were they going for? I just picked up an '85 front IFS/rear IRS, complete, at a swap meet, for less than half of what I typically see them going for ($475 for both). I'm thinking seriously about using the front in my '81. How bad was the swap, and how do you like it?

Just curious, what were they going for? I just picked up an '85 front IFS/rear IRS, complete, at a swap meet, for less than half of what I typically see them going for ($475 for both). I'm thinking seriously about using the front in my '81. How bad was the swap, and how do you like it?

I didn't ask about the prices as I wasn't in the market for parts for another project quite yet. To be honest, I was afraid the prices would be reasonable, and then I'd have a hard time talking myself out of buying a bunch of stuff.
Looks like you got a damn decent deal on that suspension. Way less than I paid for mine several years ago. I initially started with a '96 front and a '92 rear, but I found that the rear knuckles didn't package very well given the space constraints of a narrowed trackwidth, so I put '84 rear knuckles in it. Those gave me a touch more room.
I love the handling of the car now. The typical C3 rear twitchiness is gone. The conversion was a lot of work, primarily because I went with the stock C3 suspension width rather than the stock C4 width. This allowed me to keep a stock look with C3 wheels, rather than requiring the odd offset C4 wheels to keep the tires inside the fenders. The choice of wheels is a key question you have to ask yourself before you start the project.