1977-1979 digital cluster setup

JeffP1167

I bought this sometime back for my 82 and just lost interest in the car. I say 77-79 because they have a clock verses a oil temp gauge.

These are new and do not look in anyway to have ever been used, they were made by a company called 2001 industries inc. They come with everything I believe to make them work. However since I personally have never wired them up I obviously cant guarantee they work.

I will try and post pictures later

120.00 plus shipping.

IF that includes tach/speedo I want it.....don't care about rest of gauges....

:shocking::shocking::search:

yes it is the tach, speedo, and those middle gauges. It does come with a vss sensor that looks like it connects maybe to that cruise control transducer, solderless connectors etc etc. I have the instructions as well.

The dark plastic lense stuff still even has its protective paper covering on it. Thats why I say they have never been used.

The speedo is digital number readout with bars that go kinda around the diameter of the gauge and the tach looks like this as well. However this kit utilizes the stock odometer head which is easy to do. The center gauge things are number readouts ... pretty sure they illuminate in red.

I did mount the things in my 1982 bezel thingies and they fit real nice.

for pics you will have to wait till I figure out my dsl issue. Basically can't log on and the only way to do pics is to send them to my email from my phone.

I just looked at my 82 as I though it had that transducer thing but it doesn't. I had thought this was where this vss sensor would go but maybe the earlier cars were different. But basically it would thread into the speedo cable then maybe thread into the trans somehow. I'm not sure.

it basically resembles this ebay sensor but both sides of the sensor are threaded and one size is larger then the other.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/TPI-...ptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

I just looked at my 82 as I though it had that transducer thing but it doesn't. I had thought this was where this vss sensor would go but maybe the earlier cars were different. But basically it would thread into the speedo cable then maybe thread into the trans somehow. I'm not sure.

it basically resembles this ebay sensor but both sides of the sensor are threaded and one size is larger then the other.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/TPI-...ptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

Same sensor I have, should be 4000 PPMile and if you can send/post pix of them with maybe some size of readout info, that would be nice....

what color are they?? red?...red plastic with LED behind??

:bounce:

Same sensor I have, should be 4000 PPMile and if you can send/post pix of them with maybe some size of readout info, that would be nice....

what color are they?? red?...red plastic with LED behind??

:bounce:

the plastic lenses are black and I believe the gauges illuminate red. PM me you cell numbers and I will send you pictures hows that.

This sounds exactly like the old Nordskog digital set up I removed from my 'Vette years ago. Besides the speedo/pulse generator you will also need oil/water temp. and press. sending units specific to those gauges otherwise they will not be accurate.

100_1705.jpg
[/IMG]

100_1703.jpg
[/IMG]

:beer:

here they are ... there is no specific mention of changing sending units for this cluster

ALSO THE INSTRUCTIONS SAY 78-82 SO I DONT THINK THEY WILL FIT A PRE 78

0107101827.jpg

this picture is upside down

0107101828.jpg

0107101828a.jpg

0107101830.jpg

:crap:

Yeh, I see your point, to get them into my car and looking passable will take too much, sorry I have to pass on them.....

:twitch:

Yeh, I see your point, to get them into my car and looking passable will take too much, sorry I have to pass on them.....

:twitch:

I figured you would after seeing pictures of them. I think to get them to work in a earlier vette it would be far easier to change the whole dash.

I will pulug them into my 82 when I get a chance and see if they work.

Those are the Nordskog digital gauges (early version). Here's a link..... Gene - they do have a kit for your '77.

http://www.nordskogperformance.net/home.php?cat=10&sort=orderby&sort_direction=0&page=2

'72 not that it matters, but I don't need the center/small gauges, just the tach/speedo and then I need cheep, not 500 bux....

I figger out something some day....not a issue now, need warmer weather so I can pull the Miata out and get some room in the garage to tear into the vette....going to be a week's worth of tear down this time...

so many projects, so little room, feel like a sumo wrestler in a elementary school gym.....

Those are the Nordskog digital gauges (early version). Here's a link..... Gene - they do have a kit for your '77.

http://www.nordskogperformance.net/home.php?cat=10&sort=orderby&sort_direction=0&page=2

'72 not that it matters, but I don't need the center/small gauges, just the tach/speedo and then I need cheep, not 500 bux....

I figger out something some day....not a issue now, need warmer weather so I can pull the Miata out and get some room in the garage to tear into the vette....going to be a week's worth of tear down this time...

so many projects, so little room, feel like a sumo wrestler in a elementary school gym.....

Wish I had known. I sold mine on Ebay a few months back for about $100.00. :crap: