Go Back   VetteMOD.com > VetteMOD General Discussion > Projects

Old 06-12-2019, 05:13 AM
United States | Addict

My Photos: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantomjock View Post
Thanks Heaps!

I was pretty sure you'd have those insights and thanks for sharing them. Mike (69427) has packaged some good brakes under the 15" wheels so listening there too.

Thanks again. When I get something solved - I'll be updating the BNuild Thread.

Cheers - Jim
glad to help, good luck
Old 06-12-2019, 09:39 PM
United States | Addict

I learned something... I'll share. This is not a complaint - simply knowledge so that you can make informed decisions on suppliers.

I ordered parts from an ebay vendor who claimed the part was in stock and ready to ship.
It wasn't, matter of fact, after 2 weeks of waiting, I sent an email to them saying "whatzup"
They responded with "oh, that's out of stock, did we not mention this to you? our bad" they then opined that it might be in stock in 1-2 weeks (now their ad says 3 weeks from today).
I responded that they had a more expensive part (an additional feature) and I needed the part now - so I'd pay the difference I just need it now.*
No response.
Finally the last day for them to deliver passes. I ask for a refund.
Crickets.
Send a note to Ebay....

okay so here is the warning point....

Ebay makes you wait another week before they will intervene... if they do, it's another week to get a refund through them.

If you can wait or if the deal is awesome - fantastic, however, that fine print may cause you to need to look at other options.

Again, not complaining - I'm certain that neither the vendor or ebay wish to have an annoyed customer.

*sidenote to vendors - if you're sending a 'whoops' or 'don't have' email, offer a refund because it's not going to get better from here.
Old 06-17-2019, 02:59 AM
United States | Addict

and then I had a few minutes to work on this

sleeved the inlet so the hose fitsedited

and there we go

next up....
​​​​​​​
Old Yesterday, 04:29 AM
United States | Addict

so this is happening... maybe... I may have messed up the threads so made more work for myself

anyway, I pushed it off to the side for a moment because I'm not having luck finding a 2 into 1 brake line T.edited I need 1/4" line flared into 2 3/16" line fitting.... all I've found is either soft line (regular thread not pipe thread) into 2 3/16 flare fittings.... I could machine it, but in a last ditch effort, I figured I'd ask here.... part number and/or link would be cool ... thx.

Once the fitting is found, I can finish the brake lines and get the body back onto the chassis then push to the end.... but for now, I'm stumped.
Old Yesterday, 11:42 AM
United States | Garage Monkey

My Photos: (271)

I have had good success in finding non standard brake line fittings at pegasusautoracing.com I called them once and they found an adapter that I couldn't find anywhere. Also, someone on here recommended clarksvillefastener.com and they seem to have a lot of unusual stuff and will even make something for you.
Old Today, 01:12 AM
United States | Addict

My Photos: (67)

Jegs carries a lot made by Earl’s.

I think I used a tee with equal ports and an adapter on one line. I don’t see your combo.

Last edited by rtj; Today at 11:36 AM..