new to this site

48vetteman74

hey all,iam new here,iam an ASE auto painter worked it the autobody field for 12 years,i have had a love for vettes most of my life,i had a 1980 back in the late 80s and had to get rid of it because of a divorce,well a few years back i came across a 74 that had a minor hit behind the passengers door and the car had been abused,i got it cheap and thought i would purchase it to restore and do some mods to it.any way i have had a lot of personal things going on and have not had the time to work on the car,but things have changed for the better and i have the time now and iam just starting back on the car. iam in the process now of taking measurments to check the frame out to make sure it is straight before i start taking the car apart,i want to replace the front clip and rear deck. i found a guy here in my area that will chemical dip the frame and bird cage so iam going that way instead of sand blasing the frame any way hope i meet a lot of corvette nuts like myself as this site seems to be the best i have come across to date. i live in texas and have a small shop i built 30 by 40.any way nice to meet all here. richard

Hey Richard, Welcome!

I am sure that we will be picking your brains regarding paint and body work soon - and get your camera out - we like to see progress pictures!