Powder coated my carb

kwplot34

Heart Attack
Tim gave me an old 750 dp that was pretyy grimmy and dirty,to rebuild and put on my motor,since the 725 VS carb is a little too small.
I tore the carb down soaked overnight in my parts cleaner,ran it through the blast cabinet and PC it today :amused: i need to recoat the metering blocks and do some clean up and then put it all together. But i was curious as to what it would look like all together. What do you think:waxer:

I will post some more pics when i get done with it,but was excited to show you guys what i'm doing.

100_0734.jpg
100_0735.jpg
100_0736.jpg

I think it will look pretty good once i recoat the metering blocks and put it on the motor.

Kevin,

For some reason I don't think that those water wings are going to match the carb. The PC looks good. I'm going to do my valve covers while I have time waiting on my harness parts. I started stripping them today.

:crap: You realy think my water wings are too small.

Thanks for the :thumbs: guys. finished doing some touch up on it tonight and will assemble tommorow :smash:

I may just send you my hood support.(To powder coat chrome) I am swamped these days.

I may just send you my hood support.(To powder coat chrome) I am swamped these days.

Put it in a box and send it to me and tell me what color you want. I do have some chrome powder.
I have Tim's oil pan here for his new motor,i still have to run it through the blast cabinet and then pc it chevy orange for him.

I will post some pic's later today of the carb, i have completed the assembly of it,but i want to put it on the motor first then take some pic's.

HEY!! Don't paint it until I get the leak fixed!! There's a very small leak at the right rear where the extended sump meets the original part of the pan- that's how I got it so cheap!! (I got it cheap enough to make turtle jealous..))

Finshed up the carb and set it on the motor,i still have to plumb the fuel line and hook up the thruttle cable,but i will leave that for tommorow,i'm tired of working on the car for day :lol:
100_0743.jpg
100_0744.jpg

Kev, are you using the Eastwood or Harbour Freight style hobby guns? Where are you getting your powder from?

Jeff, I was going to pc my hood strut but thought it would end up all scratched to shit because of it's folding design. Once Kev shoots it for you and you've bolted it back on, can you take some pics of it please mate?

Kev, are you using the Eastwood or Harbour Freight style hobby guns? Where are you getting your powder from?

Jeff, I was going to pc my hood strut but thought it would end up all scratched to shit because of it's folding design. Once Kev shoots it for you and you've bolted it back on, can you take some pics of it please mate?

Wayne,
Kevin did his, and it looks good. $250 for a chrome one is nuts.:eek:

Wayne,
Kevin did his, and it looks good. $250 for a chrome one is nuts.:eek:
I didn't realise Kev had done his, but I agree with you about the cost of a chrome one - I could probably get one gold plated out here for that price! Probably going to go with a gas strut now anyway.

I've just had a set of hood hinges chromed and will bolt them on in the next couple of days...

Wayne,I'm using the Hot Pro gun from Eastwood,and i have been getting all of my powder from them.

I will take a pic of my hood strut that i pc and post it tonight. it seems to be holding up very well so far.:D

Kevin & Wayne,

I got my valve covers stripped. If I use Gloss Black to PC, do I need to shoot clear on to protect the bare aluminum fins. I'm trying to return them to the stock GM look.

Thanks,

Herb

If you look above at my motor pics my valve covers are pc,i shot the orange baked it and then i put a pc clear coat over it to keep the bare alum from getting nasty,makes for an easy clean up too. now if you are pc the whole cover except for the fins,i think you would be fine,but the clear will keep the fin's looking nice forever.