Ford Windstar..2k....

mrvette

Phantom of the Opera
HOW in the hell they get any more damn stupid in engine/underhood designs....in order to change plugs/wires on that V6 one must get the pos on a lift, then get an engine/A frame jack under there to get to the plugs and wires in the rear, much less I can't even SEE the coil pack...

trying to help a neighbor out, he on hard times....thankfully it's not in the family this time.....:cussing::tomato:

HOW in the hell they get any more damn stupid in engine/underhood designs....in order to change plugs/wires on that V6 one must get the pos on a lift, then get an engine/A frame jack under there to get to the plugs and wires in the rear, much less I can't even SEE the coil pack...

trying to help a neighbor out, he on hard times....thankfully it's not in the family this time.....:cussing::tomato:

You pull the wiper arms off then the black plastic cowling and then they are easy to get to

You pull the wiper arms off then the black plastic cowling and then they are easy to get to

OK, thanks for that tip, but he took it by a shop, and they say the 'O rings' are leaking oil down on the plugs, and so to fix it right, he needs O rings, and plugs and wires too I suppose...trick is, I have to ASSume it's the intake Orings, not the valve stem seals....the thing resembles that black plastic induction on the LS engines...

any idea/concept how that is held together, or not, in this case.....:clobbered:

OK, thanks for that tip, but he took it by a shop, and they say the 'O rings' are leaking oil down on the plugs, and so to fix it right, he needs O rings, and plugs and wires too I suppose...trick is, I have to ASSume it's the intake Orings, not the valve stem seals....the thing resembles that black plastic induction on the LS engines...

any idea/concept how that is held together, or not, in this case.....:clobbered:

ford did a revised valve cover (aluminum rear wheel drive) That cured my 2k windstar for sucking oil. You can change valve stem seals without taking heads off that is easy. Replace valve springs though, they have a history of breaking, mine did and van ran like crap.

The plastic plenum is bolted down

you can buy them new for like 150.00 if warped or cracked.

ford did a revised valve cover (aluminum rear wheel drive) That cured my 2k windstar for sucking oil. You can change valve stem seals without taking heads off that is easy. Replace valve springs though, they have a history of breaking, mine did and van ran like crap.

Wait a second, I just know this is a 6 cyl and FWD. transverse mounted....

and and you had a similar year 6 cyl RWD Windstar van??

R U pretty sure it's the SAME engine???

sorry, I did not look at the displacement much less realize they came both ways....

:gurney:

Wait a second, I just know this is a 6 cyl and FWD. transverse mounted....

and and you had a similar year 6 cyl RWD Windstar van??

R U pretty sure it's the SAME engine???

sorry, I did not look at the displacement much less realize they came both ways....

:gurney:

my 2000 has the 3.8 FWD .... Fords revised valve cover to eliminate oil consumption is a aluminum rear wheel drive 3.8 valve cover is what I meant. It was apparently a warranty repair.

I think the 3.0 for that year has a aluminum intake so if yours is plastic it is probably a 3.8