I win, freeking idiots abound.....

mrvette

Phantom of the Opera
Stepson needed a work van 3/4 Dodge has been my choice for some decades now, 318 auto, a/c get down the road, run forever and change...

so we get one cheep, nice thing is, it's white, straight not badly rusted body, decent tires, but Goodyear I don't like....750 bux, pretty good buy, so Mike buys it, I fix it...his money....

Torque converter (due to o/p stupidity by wringing off bolts on the flex plate), crank position sensor (died at idle started immediately) timing chain, water pump, and it ran like shit, bogged, rough, backfire it's DPFI, ....

2 months later checking compression, ZERO on one cylinder, 30 on another....

heads off, shop says one is toast, 500 bux later two fresh heads back on, and I stick on a set of ~22 lbs injectors (my memory) I have had forever....so engine runs/idles smooth as silk now, when cold it runs like a raped ape.....

but when HOT, it backfires and boggs like crazy....lean, so through the fuel pressure, then here is where the idiots strike again....

since compression is only 90 lbs, everyone thinks I got the cam in there a tooth off retarded.....fine, I almost have to agree, in spite of the look of the dizzy, and timing marks....so off comes front of the engine, I say hell with it, and purposely advance the cam by one tooth, it WAS dead nutz on....

NOW, going to the Advance Auto down the road, there is a fellow who has been 1/2 knowledgeable about some projects in the past....

he starts in about cam timing, as we all know, a V8 has the mark on the crank has to be square up, and then the typical pushrod cam gear can have it's mark UP OR DOWN, long as all 4 of them dawgs line up, #1 or #6, who cares?? so anyway this guy claims to have talked to mechanics and they say the mark has to be DOWN at 6 oclock....or the timing will be out 90 DEGREES, lucky to not kiss a valve at that much....but that is why HE kept arguing the point....we even pulled out the timing set he had on the counter, and he STILL didn't understand it....
forget it....I refused to discuss it any further.....

Last night, I decided to clean up the injectors the truck came with, and put them back in.....forgetaboutit.....total and complete CRAP, so I also had a set of light blue 24? lbs Ford injectors, used to be on the vette....sure enough, changed them out, and it's smooth as silk now, when hot....

going to do a total 'heat' cycle on it not that 80f is cold, but that's what I got, it was always nice when cold anyway....I finally

WON the battle against idiots.....some fool had the rong injectors in that truck or they are SO totally screwed it was just junk them....

:crap: this last go round has taken a MONTH, on and off....

:crap::crap::cussing:

but now for about 2500 bux, he got a truck at runs well, and get him down the road untill his business builds enough to get a new one.....

;):bounce:

I ask """Does this mean you won a jackass award"""????

Clap clap clap.

I'm pretty sure sure this is NOT what it means. whatever is going on between you two - you might want to take it to PMs or a phone call.... if you two don't get along that's fine ..... As of May 31, 2009, the Earth's population is estimated by the United States Census Bureau to be 6,792,467,727... they can't all be friends.... simply ignore each others threads/posts :cool: